Zaanse SchansCurrently Open
- Address: Schansend 7, 1509 AW ZAANDAM, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cafe, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods , Windmill
Want a glimpse of the traditional Dutch way of life? Zaanse Schans offers just that with charming old windmills, traditional houses, cafes, wooden shoes stores and workshops. Preserving the neighbourhood as it was in the 18th and 19th centuries, Zaanse Schans is located half an hour’s drive from Amsterdam. Once a bustling industrial area, the region is now a reminiscent of the days gone by. Boasting of a footfall of over millions tourists every year, do add Zaanse Schans to your Amsterdam itinerary and explore the unique history of Netherlands.
Entrance Ticket Details For Zaanse Schans
- Each individual attraction had different ticket prices. Please check the official website for the same.
Zaanse Schans Hours
- During the high season, which is from April to November, almost everything is open from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. The timings are subject to change during off season. Please check the official website before planning a visit.
How to Reach Zaanse Schans
- Bus 391 from Amsterdam Central Station to Zaanse Schans.
- Koog-Zaandijk train station
- You can also rent a bicycle from Amsterdam
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Amsterdam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Amsterdam and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.65% of people who visit Amsterdam include Zaanse Schans in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
50% of people start their Zaanse Schans visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Zaanse Schans
90.52% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Zaanse Schans