Alaska Botanical Garden596 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 04:00 pm]
- Address: 4601 Campbell Airstrip Road, Anchorage, AK 99520, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9077703692
- Ticket Price: 12 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
Like the rest of the places around Anchorage, the wildlife and plant life here is spectacular but standard…but a lot more attractively organised. 110 acres of spruce and birch woodland cover 1,200+ species of plants, and you’ll probably catch a bear or a moose among them. The highlights include:
- Lile’s Garden: Landscaped gardening containing the Gold Medal Peony collections and Prinulas.
- Lower Perennial Garden: Peonies and poppies are fantastic in July and June.
- Herb Garden: Native American medicinal herbs. Fascinating!
- Rock Garden: Alpine plants and tufa rocks
- Anchorage Heritage Garden: Old style garden
- Wildflower Trail
- An Alaskan Kitchen Garden Exhibit
- Entrance Kiosk Area & Shade Garden
- Lowenfels Family Nature Trail (1.1 miles)
Events planned at the Garden must be booked and paid for in advance.
Alaska Botanical Garden Travel Tips
- No smoking, pets, motorised vehicles, going off trails, removal of garden elements, feeding wildlife, kites, frisbees, or loud noises.
- Photography for private & non-commercial use only.
Entrance Ticket Details For Alaska Botanical Garden
- Free for children.
- Senior, Military, Student - $10
- Children 5 - 17 - $8
- Children 4 and under – Free
- Members – Free
Winter Admission Rates: September 13th - May 11th
- Adult - $7
- Child - $5
- Children 4 and under – Free
- ABG Members - Free
Alaska Botanical Garden Hours
- Please note that these hours only apply to the Gift Shop, Nursery and Office. The garden is open daylight hours, seven days a week.
How to Reach Alaska Botanical Garden
- Bus 75 stop Tudor & Baxter ESE
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Anchorage before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Anchorage and book an accommodation of your choice.
32.59% of people who visit Anchorage include Alaska Botanical Garden in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
57.14% of people start their Alaska Botanical Garden visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Alaska Botanical Garden
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Alaska Botanical Garden
Alaska Botanical Garden Reviews & Ratings
What a Beautiful place. Such knowledgeable staff. Thoroughly enjoyed the tour. Thank you, Stacey. Your love for what you do truly shows.
Very relaxing and gorgeous. If you are a plant lover you will really enjoy it. They have a bunch of different sections you can check out, like an Herb Garden. It blends really well with the natural greenway that surrounds it
It was quite a nice walk in the woods. It's pretty small though, compared to other botanical gardens I've been to, and most of the property is undeveloped woods. I liked the gardens I saw, but additionally I'd like to see a water garden with maybe a koi pond, and maybe a water fountain. An orchid pavilion would be nice. There's lots of room for development and improvement.
Excellent community resource. Come see what the plants you own can do. A natural setting interspersed with stylized gardens, formal and semi-formal. They also have a shuttle that takes you from the log cabin visitors center directly to ABG. Runs on the hour starting at 9AM till 11AM breaks at Noon , then starts again at 1PM. Children's Gardens and programs, plus a garden center with excellent plants for sale.
I always try and visit the local Botanical garden when traveling through a town. I'm from Florida, and I really enjoyed the diversity of Alaska's Botanical garden. Beautifully kept, friendly staff.