Alaska Native Heritage Center944 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 8800 Heritage Center Drive, Anchorage, AK 99504, United States, 99504
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9073308000
- Fax: +1-9073308030
- Ticket Price: 25 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Family And Kids, Social, Arts, Museums
This is essentially a cultural and educational venture designed to teach Alaskans and tourists alike what it is like to be a Native American in Alaska. The facility is 10 miles from downtown anchorage, and covers 26 forested acres. Visitors are treated to a tightly scheduled whirlwind of activity, flawlessly executed each and every time – these are the Introduction, the Dance, the Storytelling and the Games. The main facilities include:
- Theatre: This is where the introduction happens.
- The Gathering Place: The dancing and storytelling happens here.
- The Hall of Cultures: You learn about Athabaskan people, Eyak people, Tlingit people, Haida people, Tsimshian people, Unangax people (Aleut), Alutiiq people, Yup'ik, Cup'ik, Siberian Yupik, and Inupiaq. Craft activities for children included.
Outside, you can walk among life sized Native American dwellings around the spectacular Lake Tiulana. Make sure to take photographs at the Inupiaq site.
Alaska Native Heritage Center Travel Tips
- Parking is free here.
Entrance Ticket Details For Alaska Native Heritage Center
- Seniors/Military - $21.15
- Children - $16.95 (Ages 7-16)
- Free for children six and younger.
How to Reach Alaska Native Heritage Center
- By rented car from city centre.
- The Heritage Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Anchorage before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Anchorage and book an accommodation of your choice.
45.89% of people who visit Anchorage include Alaska Native Heritage Center in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
69.23% of people start their Alaska Native Heritage Center visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Alaska Native Heritage Center
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Alaska Native Heritage Center