Alyeska Ski AreaCurrently Open
- Address: 1000 Arlberg Ave, Girdwood, AK 99587, USA, Anchorage, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-9077542111
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Family And Kids, Ski Resort
Alyeska Ski Area - Review
Though the mountain is popular enough in the summer thanks to the viewing platforms and the restaurants on top, the real fun begins when ski season stats at the end of November.
With over 669 inches of snow falls annually and 76 named trails, the mountain is Alaska’s largest ski center .Most of the ski trails and routes here are quite tough, for intermediate and advanced skiers. There is a very small area for novice skiers. The center is famous for having the longest-continuous double black diamond ski run in North America.
The resort itself is at the foot of the mountain, but you can climb up via hike or tram in the summer, and also six chairlifts and two Magic Carpets in the winter.
- Chair 1 and the tram: three-quarters of the way up the mountain, where there is a museum, cafeteria and upscale restaurant. This is also the location of the Ski Patrol rescue and safety operation.
- Chair 6 goes almost all the way up. You have to hike to the absolute top.
The Roundhouse Museum used to be the old upper terminus of the chairlift. Today it serves as a visitor center, explores the history of the valley through various exhibits and organises events.
Hiking trails in the area starting from near the resort:
- Winner Creek Trail: Begins at the base of the aerial tram. Passes a river gorge.
- Upper Winner Creek Trail: A rough trail branching off from Winner Creek trail that leads to outstanding views.
- North Face Trail: Steep 2.2 mile trail that climbs over 2000 feet of the ski area.
- Upper Tram Terminal Trails and South Bowl Trails: Quite challenging.
In the summer the Alyeska Bike Park, a lift-access downhill cycling track, opens up. Meant for anyone over 8 years old, it has a number of fun trails.
The resort is listed on the National Register of Historic Places listings in Anchorage, Alaska. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Anchorage itinerary 3 days.
Alyeska Ski Area Information
- Check the website for race and other events.
- Eat at: Seven Glaciers, the Bore Tide Deli & Bar, Tramway Café, Sakura Restaurant, Aurora Bar & Grill, Pond Steakhouse, and Pond Steakhouse.
- Check the Alyeska Tram Listing for details about tram times and prices.
Alyeska Ski Area Ticket Prices
- Check resort website for extensive lift ticket prices.
Alyeska Ski Area Opening and Closing Hours
Skiing season is last week of November - mid-April
Bike Park: June - August, approx: 12:00 noon to 6:00 pm, Friday to Sunday only.
Lift Times Winter:
- All Day 10:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Half Day 1 pm – 5:30 pm
- Half Day + Night 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Late Day 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Night 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Night skiing: January Second week - March penultimate week: Thursday – Saturday
Lift Times April:
- All Day: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Half Day: 1:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Late Day: 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Summer (April - October approx): 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Winter (November - March approx): 11:00 am until 3:00 pm, weekends and holidays only.
How To reach Alyeska Ski Area by Public Transport
- Drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Anchorage before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Anchorage and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Alyeska Ski Area
79.54% of people who visit Anchorage include Alyeska Ski Area in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
27.45% of people start their Alyeska Ski Area visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Alyeska Ski Area
94.88% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Alyeska Ski Area
Alyeska Ski Area Map
Alyeska Ski Area Trips
Alyeska Ski Area, Anchorage Reviews
I went for lunch, off season, as part of a large group. The tram ride to the top is beautiful. The food at the lunch spot is on par with food at a ski lodge, not super exciting. There is also a bar at the lodge, the bar IS exciting, fun drinks and friendly staff. All the staff I encountered were helpful, even the folks who were finished work and heading up the hill for lunch. The views from the top of the tram are stunning.
Extremely nice and courteous employees. They go out of their way to help you out. I asked a maid for directions and I was led from one maid to another, three total, because they wanted me to have the correct information. Although a late, 4pm, check in it was one of the better experiences I had doing this chore. All of the employees had smiles and a pleasant demeanor. The tram takes you from 300 feet to 2,300 feet above sea level. June 1st and 60° on top of the mountain. And still LOT'S of snow! At around $200 a night, I believe it is worth it!
Beautiful place with loads of activities. Staff really pleasant and very helpful. Lovely treks to do with just amazing scenery! Take water with you as the treks are quite hard going but worth it. This is just like a little bit of paradise!
Food and service was good - I was there for training. Staff were nice. Pool and hot tub very nice. Only complaint is that the bed was too soft. I slept poorly and hurt when I woke up. Everything else was great.
I paid nearly $450 a night for this place and frankly I’ve found Best Western accommodations better. Don’t waste your money here. I traveled with my three kids and expected two queen beds only to find two full size beds. Apparently they don’t have queen beds at all and we found both the room and the beds cramped. Food options for families weren’t great at the resort. Check out was 11 am and I asked for an extra hour to check out and was denied. I would expect WAY more for the amount I paid. Again, don’t waste your money here.
All QuestionsAlyeska ski area
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal
Find places near Alyeska Ski Area, Anchorage
ATM 165 Hightower Rd2.073 km away
Silvertip Grill 165 Hightower Rd2.083 km away
Girdwood Picnic Club 194 Hightower Rd2.015 km away
The Grind 236 Hightower Rd1.98 km away
Chair 5 Restaurant 5 Lindblad Ave2.059 km away
Jack Sprat 165 Olympic Mountain Loop1.24 km away
Silvertip Grill 165 Hightower Rd2.069 km away
The Bake Shop 194 Olympic Mountain1.242 km away
Sitzmark Bar & Grill 100 Olympic Mountain Lp1.322 km away
Double Musky Inn Crow Crk2.124 km away
Maxine's Glacier City Bistro 301 Crow Crk2.141 km away
Sakura Alyeska Resort 1000 Arlberg Ave0.016 km away
Hidden Creek Bed & Breakfast 739 Vail Dr2.594 km away
Bud & Carol's Bed & Breakfast 211 Brighton Rd1.182 km away
Girdwood Rentals & Accommodations 330 Hightower Rd1.875 km away
Girdwood Guest House 274 Brighton Rd1.225 km away
Glacier View Bn B 193 Alpina Way2.084 km away
Timberline Drive BnB 923 Timberline Dr2.664 km away
Alyeska Hostel 227 Alta Dr2.316 km away