Byron Glacier TrailCurrently Open
- Address: Byron Glacier Trail Girdwood, AK 99587, Anchorage, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids
Byron Glacier Trail - Review
This is a short hike, the well marked trailhead starting from Byron Glacier Road. Most of the trail is quite flat and follows the picturesque Byron Creek. The surrounding forest are of attractive alder and cottonwood trees. If you come across a snowfield, knees and see if you can spot an ice-worm, creatures that spend their entire lives in glacial ice. You end up getting quite close to the glacier. Sometimes if you look north from the tale you have a lovely view of Portage Lake and Valley.
Byron Glacier Trail Information
- Carry rain gear.
- Bring mosquito repellant.
- Dress warmly
- A day time visit to this place is recommended.
Byron Glacier Trail Ticket Prices
- Free visit
How To reach Byron Glacier Trail by Public Transport
- Drive to the trailhead.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Anchorage before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Anchorage and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Byron Glacier Trail
42.97% of people who visit Anchorage include Byron Glacier Trail in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
56.41% of people start their Byron Glacier Trail visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Byron Glacier Trail
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Byron Glacier Trail
Byron Glacier Trail Map
Byron Glacier Trail Trips
Byron Glacier Trail, Anchorage Reviews
All QuestionsByron glacier trail
- Holland Patent Village Green
- Hickory Hollow Airport
- Holland Patent Free Library
- Wethersfield Stone Schoolhouse
- St Leo's Rectory
- Presbyterian Church Of Hp
- First Presbyterian Church
- Off The Beaten Path Media
- John B. Hudson Trail
- Fisherville Brook Wildlife Refuge
- Jehovah's Witnesses Exeter Congregation
- Simon Lillibridge Farm
- Exeter Chapel
- Exeter Country Club
- Beacon Free Will Baptist Church