Byron Glacier Trail, AnchorageCurrently Open
- Address: Byron Glacier Trail Girdwood, AK 99587, Anchorage, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids
About Byron Glacier Trail, Anchorage
This is a short hike, the well marked trailhead starting from Byron Glacier Road. Most of the trail is quite flat and follows the picturesque Byron Creek. The surrounding forest are of attractive alder and cottonwood trees. If you come across a snowfield, knees and see if you can spot an ice-worm, creatures that spend their entire lives in glacial ice. You end up getting quite close to the glacier. Sometimes if you look north from the tale you have a lovely view of Portage Lake and Valley.
Byron Glacier Trail Information
- Carry rain gear.
- Bring mosquito repellant.
- Dress warmly
- A day time visit to this place is recommended.
Byron Glacier Trail Ticket Prices
- Free visit
How To reach Byron Glacier Trail by Public Transport
- Drive to the trailhead.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Anchorage before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Anchorage and book an accommodation of your choice.
Byron Glacier Trail, Anchorage Reviews
All QuestionsByron Glacier Trail
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Anchorage
- Thompson Pass Airport-K55
- Jesus Is Lord Church Of God
- First Native Baptist Church
- Kaleidoscape Play Studios
- Islamic Community Center
- Alaska Jewish Museum
- New Dimond Billiards
- Alaska District Chr-Nazarene
- Wellspring Ministries Of Ak
- The Alley Bar
- Alaska State Library