Eagle River Nature Center168 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 32750 Eagle River Rd, Eagle River, AK 99577, Anchorage, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9076942108
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Nature
The Eagles river is a 40 miles long stream heading out from Eagles glacier. The Eagle River Nature Center near the river aims to raise environmental awareness as well as help people have fun in the surrounding outdoors. There are four major trails in the area; Rodak Nature Trail (three quarters of a mile), Albert Loop Trail (3 miles), Dew Mound Trail (upto 6 miles), Historic Iditarod (a 25 mile long trail with nearly every kind of Alaskan landscape imaginable). The trails are always open. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Anchorage itinerary 3 days.
Eagle River Nature Center Travel Tips
- Paid parking is available.
- Commercial filming and photography needs permits from Chugach State Park.
- Check center website for upcoming events.
- Contact the center or check the website for times and prices of yurt, cabin, equipment and campsite rentals.
Entrance Ticket Details For Eagle River Nature Center
- Programmes are usually free, unless otherwise noted.
- Group programmes are usually paid: $1/person + $5 parking fee.
Eagle River Nature Center Hours
- Closed on most major holidays, check website.
- October – April: Closed Monday-Thursday, except groups by appointment.
How to Reach Eagle River Nature Center
- By local taxi from city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Anchorage before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Anchorage and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.19% of people who visit Anchorage include Eagle River Nature Center in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
66.67% of people start their Eagle River Nature Center visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Eagle River Nature Center
93.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Eagle River Nature Center
Eagle River Nature Center Reviews & Ratings
I took a quiet walk down to the trail and onto the boardwalk while in my hometown. I fell in love with Alaska again due to this exact view. The crisp air bit into my cheeks and nose, but I didnt feel any of it. I was too busy trying to reign in the amazement I have of this valley and the place I still consider hone. Fun fact! The snow covering these mountains is typically referred to by Alaskans as "termination dust."
Beautiful drive. Nice moderate easy trails and over looks. Stroller friendly. Don't forget to bring $5 for parking. Bathrooms, trashcan, and visitor center. Tables and chairs outside visitors center for visiting our eating.
Very nice. Great for young kids. Nice easy loop hikes. Well maintained trails. Nice decks/viewing platforms.
A nice place to go for a hike. The trails are well-maintained and they do little workshops a lot of days. A lot of beautiful scenery.
Lovely hikes. Very nice visitors center with wonderful staff. Well worth the trip.