Holy Family Cathedral5 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 800 W 5th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, United States
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9072763455
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
The first church here was built in 1915, a simple wooden structure built for $1400. It was Anchorage’s first Catholic Church. Rebuilt in Romanesque Revival style in 1946, it suffered damage in the 1962 earthquake. When repaired, it was completed in art Deco. Today the unusual looking building has a blocky white exterior with round golden windows. The interior is quite simple. This church was the host for the 1981 visit of Pope John Paul II to Anchorage, which attracted a crowd estimated at about 80,000 people. The Holy Father held a papal audience in the Cathedral itself and also for the handicapped audience.
Holy Family Cathedral Travel Tips
- Follow the church rituals while entering this place.
Entrance Ticket Details For Holy Family Cathedral
- Free visit
Holy Family Cathedral Hours
- Sunday: 9:30 AM, 7:30 AM, 12:00 PM, 5:30 PM, 2:00 PM
- Monday: 12:10 PM, 7:00 AM
- Tuesday: 12:10 PM, 7:00 AM
- Wednesday: 12:10 PM, 7:00 AM
- Thursday: 12:10 PM, 7:00 AM
- Friday: 12:10 PM, 7:00 AM
- Saturday: 5:30 PM, 9:00 AM
- Holy Day: 5:30 PM, 12:10 PM, 7:00 AM
- Holy Day Vigil: 5:30 PM
How to Reach Holy Family Cathedral
- Buses 2, 8, 13, 75, 102 stop 5th Avenue & H Street WNW
- Drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Anchorage before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Anchorage and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.23% of people who visit Anchorage include Holy Family Cathedral in their plan
95% of people start their Holy Family Cathedral visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Holy Family Cathedral
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Holy Family Cathedral
People normally also visit Thunderbird Falls while planning their trip to Holy Family Cathedral.