How to Reach Anchorage - The Easiest Way to Reach Anchorage
- By Air: Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (IATA:ANC) (ICAO:PANC) is people’s favourite way of getting in. Flights come in year round from major cities such as Chicago, Seattle, Portland, Denver, Minneapolis, Phoenix, and Honolulu. Take Bus Route 7A into and out of the airport, not Route 7.
- By Car: The Alaska Highway starts from British Columbia and reaches to Fairbanks, connecting USA to Alaska via Canada; so yeah, drive to Anchorage by car.
- By Train: The Alaska railroad is famous for the trips it offers out of Anchorage to Seward, Whittier and Fairbanks.
The various areas of Anchorage are: Downtown (most touristy), Midtown (commercial area), South (suburbia), West (Bootleggers Cove and Earthquake Park), Spenard (the seedy red light distric), East (schools and hospitals), Hillside (residential, but with Chugach State Park and Flattop Mountain to the north); and Eagle River, Chugiak, Peters Creek, Bird, Indian, Girdwood (the last six are tourist stay friendly).
- By Bicycle: This is an uber popular activity around the city, which has many, many famous trails to offer.
- By Bus: PeopleMover (USD 1.75 for a fare, or USD 4 for and all day pass).
- By Car: This is the best way to get around. The metropolitan area is HUGE and not much is walk-able (except for Downtown Anchorage). You can rent a car from the Airport terminal, mid-town and down-town. You can rent practically anytime except between 2 am-6 am, from one of the many car agencies.
Are you looking for a Anchorage travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Anchorage
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Anchorage. The most preferred mode of transport in Anchorage is Car.
Average distance: 30.36 km Average time: 32.81 min
Car 82.35%Driving 29.86 min Walking 0.71 min Overall average time for 33.2 kms 30.57 min
Bike 5.88%Bike 60 min Overall average time for 12.87 kms 60 min
Walking 5.88%Walking 30 min Driving 7 min Overall average time for 8.05 kms 37 min
How to Reach Anchorage from Nearby Cities
|Wasilla to Anchorage||48.53 km||48 mins|
|Fairbanks to Anchorage||371.48 km||6 hours 11 mins|
|Kodiak to Anchorage||445.9 km||7 hours 25 mins|
|Vancouver to Anchorage||3101.33 km||51 hours 41 mins|
|Burnaby to Anchorage||3117.53 km||51 hours 57 mins|
|Anacortes to Anchorage||3171.43 km||52 hours 51 mins|
|Bellingham to Anchorage||3179.61 km||52 hours 59 mins|
|Seattle to Anchorage||3221.93 km||53 hours 41 mins|