Twin Peaks TrailheadCurrently Open
- Address: Twin Peaks Trail, Palmer, AK 99645, Anchorage, United States Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Adventure
This trail in the Eklutna lake area is easy in some ways and difficult in others. It is easy in that the path is wide and the ground is solid, and there is only one narrow section. The difficulty lies in its punishing incline, and the moderately challenging climbing sections. You’ll pass through some nice birch and spruce forests and the wild flowers are beautiful. It’s when you get above the tree line that the views really become dramatic and breathtaking - Eklutna Lake and Valley laid out below you. You might spot dall sheep, bald eagles and bear. And of course, you’ll see the eponymous twin peaks.
How to Reach Twin Peaks Trailhead
- Drive to Eklutna Lake Parking area. Get onto Jeep Trail. It’s the starting point for the Twin Peak trail.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Anchorage before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Anchorage and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Twin Peaks Trailhead Address: Twin Peaks Trail, Palmer, AK 99645, Anchorage, United States
- Twin Peaks Trailhead Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Twin Peaks Trailhead(preferred time): 08:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Twin Peaks Trailhead: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.38% of people who visit Anchorage include Twin Peaks Trailhead in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
95% of people start their Twin Peaks Trailhead visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Twin Peaks Trailhead
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Twin Peaks Trailhead
People normally club together Thunderbird Falls and Eklutna Historical Park while planning their visit to Twin Peaks Trailhead.