The Carre distillery takes you on a fascinating through the history and production of the famous liqueur Cointreau. Founded in 1849, the guided tour is all about more than 160 years of Cointreau history. You experience:
- The branding and marketing history behind the success of the liqueur.
- The ways in which the Cointreau is flavored with subtle aromas of the bitter-sweet orange zest.
- The process of distillation.
- A tasting session at the convivial bar learning the different identification marks of a great Cointreau.
- For teetotalers and children orange use is available.
- €10 for the guided tour of the distillery.
- From the main central train station at Angers, catch bus #6 and get off at the bus stop on GarrsPapin. From here catch bus #6 Z1 for the distillery.
- Belle Rive
- La Halte
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Angers before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Angers and book an accommodation of your choice.
63.96% of people who visit Angers include Carre Cointreau in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
71.21% of people start their Carre Cointreau visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Carre Cointreau
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Carre Cointreau
Multiple free drinks of Cointreau, visit where they dump orange peels into beetroot alcohol and boil it. Discover how they water it down with water, hopefully not from the Loire, and then sweeten it up with beet sugar. Watch longingly as they pack crates of Remy Martin XO cognac and wonder what could have been. Find out how hard liquor was marketed to the drunken poor by turning a sad clown caricature into a happy one carrying hard liquor. Worth the trip.
Excellent. A great team day. A trip around the distillery followed by a history of the brand. At the end a free taste and a boutique.
Really good... one of the best such tours I've done
Interesting to visit there is a charge I cannot remember how much but more than £5 most of the tours are in French
All personal are friendly, easy to found and load or unloading cistern.