The Carre distillery takes you on a fascinating through the history and production of the famous liqueur Cointreau. Founded in 1849, the guided tour is all about more than 160 years of Cointreau history. You experience:
- The branding and marketing history behind the success of the liqueur.
- The ways in which the Cointreau is flavored with subtle aromas of the bitter-sweet orange zest.
- The process of distillation.
- A tasting session at the convivial bar learning the different identification marks of a great Cointreau.
- For teetotalers and children orange use is available.
- €10 for the guided tour of the distillery.
- From the main central train station at Angers, catch bus #6 and get off at the bus stop on GarrsPapin. From here catch bus #6 Z1 for the distillery.
- Belle Rive
- La Halte
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Angers before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Angers and book an accommodation of your choice.
64.95% of people who visit Angers include Carre Cointreau in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
71.21% of people start their Carre Cointreau visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Carre Cointreau
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Carre Cointreau
Excellent. A great team day. A trip around the distillery followed by a history of the brand. At the end a free taste and a boutique.
Really good... one of the best such tours I've done
Interesting to visit there is a charge I cannot remember how much but more than £5 most of the tours are in French
All personal are friendly, easy to found and load or unloading cistern.
It was a nice tour and it's was cheaper to buy there than in America.