Cathedrale St-maurice519 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 4 Rue Saint-Christophe, 49100 Angers, France
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-241875845
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Originally built in between 11th-16th century, this cathedral is the main Roman Catholic Church in Angers. A magnificent amalgamation of Gothic and Romanesque architecture, this cathedral is more than a place of worship:
- Descriptive and rich image transepts in the form of stain glass windows.
- Carvings inspired by the royal portal of the Chartres Cathedral.
- Painting depicting the life of St. Maurilius dating back to the 13th century.
- The grand organ right next to the altar.
- The library.
Cathedrale St-maurice Travel Tips
- Put your mobiles on silent mode before entering the Cathedral.
Cathedrale St-maurice Hours
- Can be visited during Heritage Days.
- La Ferme
- Restaurant LE RELAIS
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Angers before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Angers and book an accommodation of your choice.
84.94% of people who visit Angers include Cathedrale St-maurice in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
39.84% of people start their Cathedrale St-maurice visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cathedrale St-maurice
78.4% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cathedrale St-maurice