Cathedrale St-maurice, Angers
About Cathedrale St-maurice, Angers
Cathedrale St-maurice, Angers - Address, Phone Number
Address: 4 Rue Saint-Christophe, 49100 Angers, France
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 3.8K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Originally built in between 11th-16th century, this cathedral is the main Roman Catholic Church in Angers. A magnificent amalgamation of Gothic and Romanesque architecture, this cathedral is more than a place of worship:
- Descriptive and rich image transepts in the form of stain glass windows.
- Carvings inspired by the royal portal of the Chartres Cathedral.
- Painting depicting the life of St. Maurilius dating back to the 13th century.
- The grand organ right next to the altar.
- The library.
Cathedrale St-maurice Information
- Put your mobiles on silent mode before entering the Cathedral.
Cathedrale St-maurice Opening and Closing Hours
- Can be visited during Heritage Days.
Restaurants Near Cathedrale St-maurice
- La Ferme
- Restaurant LE RELAIS
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Angers before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Angers and book an accommodation of your choice.
Cathedrale St-maurice, Angers Reviews - Write a Review
Enjoyed the colourful walls and columns here. Didn't see much information about the cathedral itself.
Needs restoration on inside. And hardly any information found on: history & construction &/or what to see in Cathedral. For example: a fresco and more... Learned back home by coincidence through reading about Chartres labyrinth, there is one too in Mirepoix.... Situated floor side chapel within cathedral. Size 60 cm, 11 circuit with Minotaur at the centre. C. 1530
Très belle Cathédrale. il faut impérativement la visiter l'entrée gratuite
Très jolie place devant la cathedrale avec un grand marché le lundi et un plus petit le jeudi
Fue casualidad pasar por allí y parar, pero no me arrepiento de haberlo hecho. La catedral es preciosa, con sus infinidad de rosetones, muy bien cuidada.
- Nearby Attractions
- Presence Pro
- Centre Dramatique National
- Parc De La Garenne
- Les Arthurs Helene Lebreton
- Piscine Andre Bertin
- Hotel Des Penitentes
- Compagnie Gaia
- Groupe Demons Et Merveilles
- Angers Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Angers
- What to See in 48 Hours in Angers
- What to See in 72 Hours in Angers
- How to Spend 5 Days in Angers
- How to Spend 6 Days in Angers
- How to Spend 7 Days in Angers