Chateau D' Angers, Angers
About Chateau D' Angers, Angers
Chateau D' Angers, Angers - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 2 Promenade du Bout du Monde, 49100 Angers, France
Ticket Price: 9 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
Added 4.6K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Situated in the Loire valley overlooking the river Maine, the castle was once the court of Rene (the count) of Anjou. Founded by the counts of Anjou way back in the 9th Century, the current structure is as a result of expansion in the 13th century, wherein in the castle was fortified because of its important defensive location. It is probably because of its role as a defensive fortress that Dauphin sought refuge here when he fled from Paris in the 15th century with the aid of Joan of Arc.
Later the castle was converted into a Military Academy to train young officers in strategies of war and till date preserved to its former glory.
Today the castle houses:
- The famed Apocalypse tapestry, biggest tapestry in the world.
- Largest collection of a variety of medieval tapestries.
- Beautifully maintained palace gardens including the roof-top gardens.
- The adjoining chapel, also known as the Sainte Chapelle. Named after the fact that the chapel is said to house a splinter from the actual cross of Christ.
Chateau D' Angers Information
- Audio guides are available.
Chateau D' Angers Ticket Prices
- Adults: €8.50
- Concession: €5.50 (18-25 year old except European citizen).
- Group of 20 people or more: €6.50
- Tourists under 18
- 18-25 years old European citizens.
- Teachers of fine arts and applied arts.
- ‘Pass Education’ pass holders.
- Artists affiliated to the Maison des Artistes (in France) or the AIAP (Association Internationale des Arts Plastiques).
- Unemployed individuals and visitors receiving benefits (with valid proof).
- Disabled visitors and their escorts.
How To reach Chateau D' Angers by Public Transport
- From Le Mans: motorway A 11 or main road N 23 towards Nantes
- From Nantes: motorway A 11 or main road N 23 towards Le Mans
- From Tours: motorways A 85 and A 11 towards Nantes
- From Rennes: main road N 157 to Laval, then main road N 162 to Angers
Restaurants Near Chateau D' Angers
- La Creperie du chateau
- Le Bistrot des Carmes
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Angers before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Angers and book an accommodation of your choice.
Chateau D' Angers, Angers Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Château D'angers
- Soeurs De Saint Charles
- Eglise Sainte Madeleine
- Religieuses Providence Pommeraye
- Association Diocesaine
- Eglise De La Trinite
- Parc Balzac
- Angers Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Angers
- What to See in 48 Hours in Angers
- What to See in 72 Hours in Angers
- How to Spend 5 Days in Angers
- How to Spend 6 Days in Angers
- How to Spend 7 Days in Angers