Chateau D' AngersCurrently Closed
- Address: 2 Promenade du Bout du Monde, 49100 Angers, France
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-241864877
- Ticket Price: 9 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Situated in the Loire valley overlooking the river Maine, the castle was once the court of Rene (the count) of Anjou. Founded by the counts of Anjou way back in the 9th Century, the current structure is as a result of expansion in the 13th century, wherein in the castle was fortified because of its important defensive location. It is probably because of its role as a defensive fortress that Dauphin sought refuge here when he fled from Paris in the 15th century with the aid of Joan of Arc.
Later the castle was converted into a Military Academy to train young officers in strategies of war and till date preserved to its former glory.
Today the castle houses:
- The famed Apocalypse tapestry, biggest tapestry in the world.
- Largest collection of a variety of medieval tapestries.
- Beautifully maintained palace gardens including the roof-top gardens.
- The adjoining chapel, also known as the Sainte Chapelle. Named after the fact that the chapel is said to house a splinter from the actual cross of Christ.
Chateau D' Angers Travel Tips
- Audio guides are available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Chateau D' Angers
- Adults: €8.50
- Concession: €5.50 (18-25 year old except European citizen).
- Group of 20 people or more: €6.50
- Tourists under 18
- 18-25 years old European citizens.
- Teachers of fine arts and applied arts.
- ‘Pass Education’ pass holders.
- Artists affiliated to the Maison des Artistes (in France) or the AIAP (Association Internationale des Arts Plastiques).
- Unemployed individuals and visitors receiving benefits (with valid proof).
- Disabled visitors and their escorts.
How to Reach Chateau D' Angers
- From Le Mans: motorway A 11 or main road N 23 towards Nantes
- From Nantes: motorway A 11 or main road N 23 towards Le Mans
- From Tours: motorways A 85 and A 11 towards Nantes
- From Rennes: main road N 157 to Laval, then main road N 162 to Angers
- La Creperie du chateau
- Le Bistrot des Carmes
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Angers before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Angers and book an accommodation of your choice.
89.69% of people who visit Angers include Chateau D' Angers in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
79.53% of people start their Chateau D' Angers visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Chateau D' Angers
94.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chateau D' Angers