Chateau De BrissacCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Rue Louis Moron, 49320 Brissac-Quince, France, Angers
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-241912221
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature
Originally built by the counts of Anjou in the 11th century, this magnificent castle today is the property of the Duke of Brissac – the Cossé-Brissac family. At seven storeys the castle is the tallest in Loire valley and therefore nicknamed the ‘Giant of the Loire valley’.The castle structure as seen today was rebuilt in the 15th Century by Pierre de Brézé, the wealthy Chief Minister of King Charles VII of France. However, the castle architecture shows some Baroque influences which were probably added during the 17th Century.
Amongst the fabulous French architecture, others attractions at the Chateau:
- The castle gardens, inspired by the Romantic period. Enjoy the Jeanne Say's waterfall, vineyards and so on.
- The 500 year old estate vineyards and a wine cellar.
- Underground canal, 250 m long marvel of civil engineering during those times.
- Private opera house, Belle Époque, born out of the ambitious dream of Lady Jeanne Say-Marquise Brissac. A talented soprano herself she hosted many concerts at the Castle’s Opera house.
For a more unique experience one could also indulge in an exclusive overnight stay at the castle.
Chateau De Brissac Travel Tips
- English speaking tours available.
- Two guided tours everyday.
Entrance Ticket Details For Chateau De Brissac
- Concessions: €8.50
- Children aged 8-16: €4.50
- Children under 8: free admission
- Access to grounds only: €5.00
- Groups: €8.00
- Primary school groups: €5.00
- High school and student groups: €8.00
Chateau De Brissac Hours
- Open on school holidays other than a Tuesday.
How to Reach Chateau De Brissac
- The village of Brissac-Quincé is just 15km from Angers. A dual carriageway connects the two towns.
- By train: Angers TGV train station is 17km away.
- Aux 2 terrasses
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Angers before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Angers and book an accommodation of your choice.
30.48% of people who visit Angers include Chateau De Brissac in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
63.49% of people start their Chateau De Brissac visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Chateau De Brissac
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chateau De Brissac