Chateau De Brissac, Angers
About Chateau De Brissac, Angers
Chateau De Brissac, Angers - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Rue Louis Moron, 49320 Brissac-Quince, France
Ticket Price: 10 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 942 times in trip plans
Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Originally built by the counts of Anjou in the 11th century, this magnificent castle today is the property of the Duke of Brissac – the Cossé-Brissac family. At seven storeys the castle is the tallest in Loire valley and therefore nicknamed the ‘Giant of the Loire valley’.The castle structure as seen today was rebuilt in the 15th Century by Pierre de Brézé, the wealthy Chief Minister of King Charles VII of France. However, the castle architecture shows some Baroque influences which were probably added during the 17th Century.
Amongst the fabulous French architecture, others attractions at the Chateau:
- The castle gardens, inspired by the Romantic period. Enjoy the Jeanne Say's waterfall, vineyards and so on.
- The 500 year old estate vineyards and a wine cellar.
- Underground canal, 250 m long marvel of civil engineering during those times.
- Private opera house, Belle Époque, born out of the ambitious dream of Lady Jeanne Say-Marquise Brissac. A talented soprano herself she hosted many concerts at the Castle’s Opera house.
For a more unique experience one could also indulge in an exclusive overnight stay at the castle.
Chateau De Brissac Information
- English speaking tours available.
- Two guided tours everyday.
Chateau De Brissac Ticket Prices
- Concessions: €8.50
- Children aged 8-16: €4.50
- Children under 8: free admission
- Access to grounds only: €5.00
- Groups: €8.00
- Primary school groups: €5.00
- High school and student groups: €8.00
Chateau De Brissac Opening and Closing Hours
- Open on school holidays other than a Tuesday.
How To reach Chateau De Brissac by Public Transport
- The village of Brissac-Quincé is just 15km from Angers. A dual carriageway connects the two towns.
- By train: Angers TGV train station is 17km away.
Restaurants Near Chateau De Brissac
- Aux 2 terrasses
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Angers before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Angers and book an accommodation of your choice.
Chateau De Brissac, Angers Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Catholic University Of The West
- Stade Jean Bouin
- Château D'angers
- Eglise De La Trinite
- Soeurs De Saint Charles
- Religieuses Providence Pommeraye
- Eglise Sainte Madeleine
- Association Diocesaine
- Angers Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Angers
- What to See in 48 Hours in Angers
- What to See in 72 Hours in Angers
- How to Spend 5 Days in Angers
- How to Spend 6 Days in Angers
- How to Spend 7 Days in Angers