Spread over 7,000 square meters, lookout for the oldest building in the Toussaint complex and voila you come face to face with the Museum of Fine Arts! The museum had been declared as the best Art Museum in western France and therefore it is a must to visit this place when you are in Angers. The Museum is actually a private mansion housing a large collection of arts and artefacts:
- Ground floor, also known as the ‘Vaulted room’ because of its architecture. Originally conceived as a ceremonial hall, today it is the entrance to the museum with interactive terminals for visitor information.
- Collection of over 350 paintings and sculptures chronologically scanning the different artistic movements from as early as the 14th century to the present times.
- Artefacts from archaeological digs from the Neolithic age to the modern times.
- The museum annually holds 2-3 exhibitions and has a dedicated area in the mansion for such events.
Musee Des Beaux-arts Travel Tips
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Refreshments available within the museum complex.
Entrance Ticket Details For Musee Des Beaux-arts
Museum of Fine Arts:
- Full (for permanent collections and temporary exhibitions): € 6
- Concession (for permanent collections and temporary exhibitions): € 5
- Group of more than 10 people.
- Cezam map holder.
- Cardholder Society of Friends of the Museum.
- Tourism professionals (10% discount on the reduced rate).
- Unemployed individuals on presentation of a certificate of unemployment.
- Half rate for Holder Partner card.
- Under 26 years of age.
- School groups.
- Art school, tourism and cultural mediation students.
- City Pass holder.
- Cardholders (International Council of Museums (ICOM), the Conservative Association, Ministry of Culture).
- Guides & lecturers approved by the Ministry of Culture and Communication.
- Members of the International Association of Art Critics (AICA).
- Teachers, librarians high schools and colleges Angevine urban area (with professional certification).
- Holder of a pass museums.
- Newcomers contremarque.
- Specialized institutions with their escorts (IMPRO, disabled).
- Companion of a disabled person (1 free).
- Card Holder Pass culture sports.
- Members of the Association Angers Museums alive (on presentation of valid ID).
- Coach drivers.
Musee Des Beaux-arts Hours
1st October – 31st May: Tuesday - Sunday
- Permanent Collection: 10 am – 2 pm and 2 pm – 6 pm
- Temporary Collection: 10 am – 6 pm
1st June – 30th September: 10 am – 6.30 pm
How to Reach Musee Des Beaux-arts
- Holy Cross stop, bus #1 - 3 - 5 - 16-23
- Strings stop, bus#3 - 6 - 14-23
- Casa Corneille
- Au Bivouac
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Angers before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Angers and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Angers include Musee Des Beaux-arts in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
48.15% of people start their Musee Des Beaux-arts visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Musee Des Beaux-arts
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Musee Des Beaux-arts
Musee Des Beaux-arts Reviews & Ratings
An amazing historical where the Beaux Arts Museum found its place. Amazing Old European paintings and other types of artworks as well as a big section about the city of Angers. A lot to learn about the town and a lot to see if you wish to see historical paintings. The staff is really nice and helpful. I definitely recommend this place!
Now one of my favorite art museums. A bit of everything!
This is a great museum in a beautiful building dating back to the 15th century. Must be visited if you're in Angers for 2 or 3 days. The are permanent and non permanent exhibits.
Visited for free during Angers summer festival. An exhibition on animals was on display. Well displayed and organized. Nice place outside the museum too.
Remarkably nice staff. Impressive building with nice outside neon art from Francois Morrelet. A good flower painting from Tilburg born artist Gérard van Spaendonck. Small but adorable modern art section.