The Plessis-bourre Castle181 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Château du Plessis-Bourré, 49460 Écuillé, France, Angers
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-241320672
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids
This medieval castle is right out of a fairy-tale, not a surprise that it has been the location for many films. With a romantic backdrop, this 500 years old castle is yet maintained to its former glory:
- Explore the castle’s original defense system.
- Wide moat around the castle.
- Four drawbridges, still functional.
- Luxurious and stately apartments.
The castle was originally built in between 1468-1472 by Finance Minister Jean Bourré, principal advisor to King Louis XI. During the 15th century hosted royalty like King Louis XI and King Charles VIII. After changing hands many times since then, today it is a true gem in the history of Angers.
The Plessis-bourre Castle Travel Tips
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Audio guides are available.
- Free parking available.
- Bank cards accepted for payment.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Plessis-bourre Castle
- Concession: €8
- Children (7-15 years): €6
- Free entry: Carte City Pass
- Au P'tit Restaurant du Chateau
- Trillot Marc
- Golf d'Anjou
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Angers before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Angers and book an accommodation of your choice.
29.62% of people who visit Angers include The Plessis-bourre Castle in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
78.57% of people start their The Plessis-bourre Castle visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Plessis-bourre Castle
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Plessis-bourre Castle