Local aviation enthusiasts created this Aviation Museum in 1981 as a step forward to save the heritage of flying and flying machines. The museum offers a fascinating journey through the history of aviation. Located at the Angers airport in Maine-et-Loire, the museum boasts of fifty-odd fly worthy old aircrafts:
- Rene Garnier's biplane (1908)
- Theautogyro (1930)
- The Cri-cri air car (1970), the smallest twin-engine plane in the world
At the end of the tour the museum offers a 15-20 minute flight to a destination of your choice bringing your tour to a perfect end.
The Regional Angers Marce Air Museum Travel Tips
- Birthdays can be organized.
- Workshops are also organized for children on school holidays.
- The Museum is located on the site of the Paris-Le Bourget Airport, less than 10 minutes from Paris on the A1, 2nd bus stop (line350).
Entrance Ticket Details For The Regional Angers Marce Air Museum
- €3 : Below 18 years
How to Reach The Regional Angers Marce Air Museum
- Bus: Line350-Gare de l'Est Sailing, North Station, Place or Porte de la Chappelle (bus every 15-30 minutes). Get off at "Air & Space Museum."
- Subway: Line7-Direction "La Courneuve" and then take the bus line 152. Get off at "Museum of Air & Space."
- Train: LineB- Stop:"Le Bourget", then join the line152 bus at the stop "Jean-Jaurès Division Leclerc" (a bus every 10-15 minutes). Get off at the "Museum of Air & Space."
- Les Tonnelles du Bord du Loir
- Le Relais de Seiches
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Angers before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Angers and book an accommodation of your choice.
16.16% of people who visit Angers include The Regional Angers Marce Air Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
44.12% of people start their The Regional Angers Marce Air Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Regional Angers Marce Air Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Regional Angers Marce Air Museum
The Regional Angers Marce Air Museum Reviews & Ratings
Nice little exhibition, very educational.
Just returned from a wonderful holiday in the Loire valley. We found the Air Museum almost by accident driving to Angers. What a wonderful facility! Many old aircraft, some being restored by enthusiastic volunteers. We were treated to a personal guided tour, even seeing the storage facility which is not normally open to the public. We expected to be asked to leave when the museum closed at midday, but instead we were allowed to wander around until 2pm when the barbecue lunch was finished, and again our personal tour continued. One highlight for me was the number of model aircraft items, from wonderful flying models to a huge collection of model aircraft engines. Very similar to Old Warden in Bedfordshire, but even more up close & personal. Five stars at least! Bob
Musée de l'aviation à la portée de tous. Aussi bien pour les passionnés que les personnes un peu moins mordu d'aviation mais aussi pour les plus jeunes avec des jeux en rapport avec tous ce qui touche les avions. De très belles pièces de collection de l'aviation moderne à ses débuts. Vraiment une bonne sortie culturelle à faire !
Passionnant. À noter qu'il y a de nombreuses animations organisées au cours de l'année et pour ceux que cela peut intéresser, il est possible de fêter les anniversaires de vos enfants dans le musée.