Hattusha Or BogazkaleCurrently Open
- Address: Hattusha, Corum Province, Turkey, Ankara
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: 10 TRY
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Estate, Walking Area, Ancient Ruin, Family And Kids
This capital of the Hittite Empire presents its 2300 years old ruins that will fascinate the visitors and intrigue the history buffs. Located 200 kilometres away from Ankara, these ruins are a must visit on your trip to the city.
There are very few standing structure left but the layout that stands even today will enthral you. The Hittites have a mention in the Holy Bible as conquerors of Babylon and challengers of Egyptian Pharaohs. Hattusha was their centre of power and hence has a majestic history surrounding it. The site also includes temples to the deities of Hittites like the Storm god.
When visiting Hattusha, do not miss out observing the Yazilikaya which is an inscribed rock and is a few kilometres away from the main ruins. Alacahoyuk is also an important Hittite city and is 36 kilometres away from Bogazkale which is also worth a visit if interested in history.
Hattusha Or Bogazkale Travel Tips
- Guided tours from Ankara are available
- Accommodation is available.
- To understand the history of the ruins, buy a guide book or hire a guide.
- Restaurants are available.
- Lots of walking is involved so wear comfortable shoes.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hattusha Or Bogazkale
- The ticket price includes entry to Hattusha and Yazilikaya.
How to Reach Hattusha Or Bogazkale
- Bus to Sungurlu, then a minibus or taxi to Bogazkale.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ankara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ankara and book an accommodation of your choice.
53.97% of people who visit Ankara include Hattusha Or Bogazkale in their plan
45.24% of people start their Hattusha Or Bogazkale visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Hattusha Or Bogazkale
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hattusha Or Bogazkale