How to Reach Ankara
HOW TO GET TO ANKARA
- By Air: The Ankara Esenboga International Airport (ESB) is the main airport and is located around 28 kilometres away from the city centre. Turkish Airlines (THY), Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Iran Air and British Airways serves flights to Ankara. There are also domestic flights from major Turkish cities like Istanbul. Once reached the airport, there are buses and taxis that can take you to the city centre.
- By Train: Being centrally located, Ankara has proper rail network. You can hop on a train to Ankara from Istanbul, Eskisehir, Izmir, Konya, Bursa and Adana.
- By Bus: You can reach Ankara by the buses served from all the parts of Turkey. These buses are frequent, inexpensive and recommended by Ankara Travel Guide.
HOW TO GET AROUND ANKARA
- By Bus: There are public as well as private buses operating in Ankara to get around.
- By Metro: Ankara has a well-maintained metro line and can be used to get around the city.
- By Suburban Railway: This is also an efficient way to get around the capital and covers all the major areas.
- By Dolmus: These privately run mini-buses are a cheap way of getting around.
- By Taxi: Taxis are available for Hire and it is important to insist on paying as per the metre to avoid rip-off.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Ankara. The most preferred mode of transport in Ankara is Car.
Average distance: 15.6 km Average time: 35.77 min
Car 59.8%Driving 26.85 min Walking 0.79 min Overall average time for 17.49 kms 27.64 min
Walking 14.71%Walking 21.87 min Driving 3.13 min Train 1.33 min Bus 1.33 min Bike 1 min Other 1 min Waiting 0.67 min Overall average time for 3.95 kms 30.33 min
Bus/Trolleybus 17.65%Bus 36.89 min Waiting 8.39 min Train 7.94 min Walking 5.5 min Other 1.83 min Overall average time for 18.42 kms 60.56 min
Train/Metro 4.9%Train 29.8 min Bus 10.4 min Other 8 min Waiting 7.2 min Walking 6.6 min Overall average time for 17.4 kms 62 min