How to Reach Ankara, Turkey
The Easiest Way to Reach Ankara
HOW TO GET TO ANKARA
- By Air: The Ankara Esenboga International Airport (ESB) is the main airport and is located around 28 kilometres away from the city centre. Turkish Airlines (THY), Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Iran Air and British Airways serves flights to Ankara. There are also domestic flights from major Turkish cities like Istanbul. Once reached the airport, there are buses and taxis that can take you to the city centre.
- By Train: Being centrally located, Ankara has proper rail network. You can hop on a train to Ankara from Istanbul, Eskisehir, Izmir, Konya, Bursa and Adana.
- By Bus: You can reach Ankara by the buses served from all the parts of Turkey. These buses are frequent, inexpensive and recommended by Ankara Travel Guide.
HOW TO GET AROUND ANKARA
- By Bus: There are public as well as private buses operating in Ankara to get around.
- By Metro: Ankara has a well-maintained metro line and can be used to get around the city.
- By Suburban Railway: This is also an efficient way to get around the capital and covers all the major areas.
- By Dolmus: These privately run mini-buses are a cheap way of getting around.
- By Taxi: Taxis are available for Hire and it is important to insist on paying as per the metre to avoid rip-off.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Ankara and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Ankara
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Ankara. The most preferred mode of transport in Ankara is Car.
Average distance: 14.98 km Average time: 35.37 min
Car 58.06%Driving 26.17 min Walking 0.89 min Overall average time for 17.03 kms 27.06 min
Walking 12.9%Walking 21.63 min Driving 3.75 min Bus 2.5 min Bike 1.88 min Other 1.88 min Train 1.25 min Waiting 0.63 min Overall average time for 3.54 kms 33.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 22.58%Bus 33.86 min Train 7.36 min Waiting 5.79 min Walking 5.43 min Other 1.79 min Overall average time for 15.89 kms 54.21 min
Train/Metro 3.23%Train 32.5 min Waiting 12.5 min Walking 9.5 min Bus 6 min Overall average time for 17.5 kms 60.5 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Ankara
- How to reach Bolu
- How to reach Safranbolu
- How to reach Kastamonu
- How to reach Eskisehir
- How to reach Seydiler
- How to reach Nevsehir
- How to reach Avanos
- How to reach Konya
- How to reach Sapanca
- How to Reach Top Cities in Turkey
- How to reach Istanbul
- How to reach Ordu
- How to reach Mardin
- How to reach Pamukkale
- How to reach Izmir
- How to reach Kusadasi
- How to reach Akbük
- How to reach Alsancak Bakery
- How to reach Kocaeli University Campus Köseköy
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach South Penrith
- How to reach Malpaga
- How to reach Munster Towbars