Kocatepe Mosque922 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kultur Mh, 06420 Ankara, Turkey
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, Mosque, Religious Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Architecture
This is an important mosque in Ankara which can hold 24,000 worshippers at one time. It has magnificent minarets standing 88 metres high and is constructed in neo-classical ottoman style of architecture. It has stunning marble interiors, tinted windows and resplendent artwork of its central dome enchants the visitors.
It is visible from the entire city and is one of the largest Islamic religious buildings in the world.
Kocatepe Mosque Travel Tips
- Modest dressing is recommended.
- Do not photograph.
- Peace of the religious places should be maintained at all times.
How to Reach Kocatepe Mosque
- Kocatepe Kebab Susu
- Sera Piknik Fast Food
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ankara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ankara and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.91% of people who visit Ankara include Kocatepe Mosque in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
77.7% of people start their Kocatepe Mosque visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Kocatepe Mosque
93.46% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kocatepe Mosque