Ann Arbor Hands-on Museum81 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 220 E. Ann St. Ann Arbor, MI 48104, 48104, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7349955439
- Ticket Price: 13 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Science Museums, Family And Kids, Social, Arts, Museums
The Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum is an interactive museum where children and adults can learn about science and technology and its application by observing real-time working exhibits. The place is designed to keep children on their feet and adults just as curious as their tiny tots!
Highlights of the museum include permanent exhibits like:
- The “All About You” exhibit that explains the anatomy of the human body and has a full sized ambulance where you can hear your heartbeat and measure your fitness levels.
- A Pre-school gallery where children can dress up as fire fighters and play with child-scaled fire engines.
- The Michigan Nature Discover Room that offers a stimulated environment with sounds, a nature wall, fishes, geology samples and scientific illustrations.
- “World Around You”exhibit that has magnet exhibits, a climbing wall and a Bubble capsule.
- DTE Energy Foundation Light and Optics where you can play a Laser harp and other light exhibits that display characters of light in a fun way.
- The Media exhibits showcasing the science and technology behind televisions and telecommunication.
- The Lyon's Country Store Exhibit that is dedicated to Bob Lyons andre creates a country storein the 1930’s. The place has a collection of vintage artefacts and also historic objects that are as old as 100 years and also vintage speakers that plays period music, an old cash-register, an old checkers game and vintage toys.
Other exhibits around the museum are just as fun and use vivid colours, fascinating interpretations and easy to grasp concepts that ensure you walk out smarter than you walked in! Do keep an eye out for any trending workshops for children as well.
Ann Arbor Hands-on Museum Travel Tips
- Children under age 12 must be accompanied by Adults.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ann Arbor Hands-on Museum
- Adults/ Children: USD 12.50 per person
- Thursday after 5.00 pm: USD 5 per person
- Entry is free for toddler.
Reciprocal Museum Admission:
- ACM Reciprocal Program Members: 1/2 Price
- ASTC Museums within 90 miles: 1/2 Price
- ASTC Museums farther than 90 miles: Free
Ann Arbor Hands-on Museum Hours
- Easter Sunday: 12.00 pm to 5.00 pm
- New Year's Eve: Regular Hours
- New Year's Day (Jan 1): 12.00 pm to 5.00 pm
How to Reach Ann Arbor Hands-on Museum
- By Bus: Huron + Division
- By Taxi
- By Walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ann Arbor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ann Arbor and book an accommodation of your choice.