Law Quadrangle63 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 801 Monroe Street, Ann Arbour, Michigan 48109, Ann Arbor, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-7347634319
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture
One of the most beautiful sights around the city, the Law Quadrangle has gorgeous buildings designed in Tudor- Gothic style that is reminiscent of the buildings of Oxford and Cambridge. The buildings are made from granite and limestone and eventhough quiet old-school in its design, has state-of-the-art education facilities.
Dating back to the 1920’s, the Law Quadrangleconstruction was proposed by William Cook and original had only five buildings – the Lawyer’s Club, John P. Cook Dormitory, the Hutchins Hall, Dormitory Wing and the Legal Research building. Over time, the college grew toaccommodate more buildings and today, it is by far one of the premier colleges in the state. For tourists, the place remains open all day long and you can walk in to see the stunning architecture of the place and experience the old-school charm and history of the place.
- Lawyer's Club Loungedesigned with touches of Renaissance style with a high-vaulted ceiling, beautiful tapestries and a game room
- The Lawyer's Club Dining Hall that can accommodate 300 people with beautifuldesignelements including windowswith Cathedral glass, marble floor and English Gothic tracery.
- The John P. Cook Building that was opened for housing in the 1930’s and can accommodate 152 students. Notice the stained glass windows and carved oak walls of the building.
- The Hutchins Hall
- The fabulous green space that surrounds the Quadrangle where you can sit back and relax on a sunny day with the view of the Gothic buildings all around.
- The timeless décor items and lightings including vintage chandeliers, intricateartwork and woodenadditions seen inalmost every building.
The place has been the Alma Mater for some of the most notable historians, philosophers, law experts and scholars and that fact that you can share the space with the great minds who started off at this very place, makes a visit here exhilarating. Don’tforget to click a few picture during a stroll around the place.
Law Quadrangle Travel Tips
- You can see students around but as long as you don’t cause any disturbance, you can walk in to see the college.
How to Reach Law Quadrangle
- By Bus: Law School
- By Taxi
- By Walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ann Arbor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ann Arbor and book an accommodation of your choice.