St Thomas The Apostle Catholic ChurchCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: 530 Elizabeth Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, 48103, United States
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Community And Government, Religious, Churches
St. Thomas the Apostle Ann Arbor, Michigan is a beautiful Roman Catholic church that dates back to the late 19th century. The church is designed in a cruciform form and built with roughly cut granite with a number of towers and rustic exterior that hides its inner modern space.
The Church is listed as a Michigan State Historic Site owing to its history and its architecture is by rather minimal but distinct. The church is most popular for its statue of St Thomas that was brought here from the Vatican by Fr. Command in 1927. The building has a number of towers- of which, one at the center is the tallest. The beautiful stained glass windows and an impeccable, pristine interior with whitewashed walls that have arched detailed with gold, welcome you inside. The main altarpiece is stunning and is surrounded by stained-glass windows behind it, forming quite a vision in itself. If you love churches and admire the architecture, a visit here will leave you feeling inspired.
St Thomas The Apostle Catholic Church Hours
- Monday – Wednesday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Thursday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
- The office is closed from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Saturday: 4:30 pm
- Sunday: 7:30 am, 9.00 am, 11.00 am, 6.00 pm
- Monday - Friday: 7:00 am, 12:10 pm
- Wednesdays: 8:00 am during the school year.
- Saturdays: 9:00 am
- Saturdays: 3.00 pm
- 1st Saturdays: 7:30 am & 3.00 pm
- Mondays & Thursdays: After 12:10 pm Mass
How to Reach St Thomas The Apostle Catholic Church
- By Bus: Amtrak Station
- By Train: Ann Arbor Amtrak
- By Taxi
- On foot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ann Arbor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ann Arbor and book an accommodation of your choice.
St Thomas The Apostle Catholic Church Reviews & Ratings
Wonderful House of worship. I am a Catholic and have been, ever since I was a child. This is one of my favorite Catholic churches in the area, when it comes to picking a mass this is always in my top three. From convenient mass times and Daily Mass, too wonderful confessions with the Speedy lines. This is truly one of the best Catholic churches in the area
Medieval stone set structure enhanxes the aura of this church. Poised at the corner on a residential block and within 500m of the University of Michigan Central Campus building. Visit it. Its enchanting.
Beautiful church. Has that old traditional feel to it.
It's a very beautiful Church Catholic Church I. I really enjoy the openness of the priest and the friendliness of the parish. Very open excellent services accommodating for all.
High mass at 11 and contemporary mass at 6. Something for everyone. Also just a great space for prayer and contemplation.