University Of Michigan2035 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 500 S. State St. Ann Arbor, Michigan, 48109, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-7347649304
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Educational Site, Family And Kids, University, Social, Arts, Museums
Located at the heart of AnnArbour, the University of Michigan was founded in 1817 as the University of Michigania, 20 years before the Michiganterritory was declared as a state. Today, it is the state’s oldest university and hascarved out a name for itself in academics as well as in sports. The Wolverines football team which is the University’s home team has a huge following and plays regularly at the Big House while the sheer number of Nobel Prize winners (24 to be exact!)that are alumni of the college, have shaped the university’s high reputation. Even though thethe place started in 1817, it was not until 1870 when the women were first admitted at the university.
Since its establishment, today, the campus has 548 buildingsspread-outovera massive 780 acres of area.
The highlights of the campus include:
- The North Campus that is most popular for its Music and Performing Art college, a 3-D virtual room, the Lurie tower, the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library and the Bentley Historical Library.
- The South Campus that is the sports campusof the university and includes the Michigan Stadium (The Big House), the Yost Ice Arena, the Crisler Centre, Revelli Hall and a Golf Course.
- The Central campus that has most of the undergraduate and graduate classes and includes museums of archaeology, dentistry, zoology, palaeontology, anthropology and art. Most of the building at the central campus are designed by Albert Kahn- a famous architect. Of all the building that he has designed here, the Burton Memorial Tower and the Hill Auditorium are the most renowned.
You can walkaround the campus to see its varied architecture, beautiful landscape and to simply witness the grandeur and history of the place.
How to Reach University Of Michigan
- By Bus: Michigan League
- By Taxi
- By Walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ann Arbor before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ann Arbor and book an accommodation of your choice.