Are you looking for what to do in Annecy?
PLACES TO SEE
The city of Annecy is replete with commendable attractions sufficient to enhance the fun of your French holiday. With sightseeing in plenty, the city does not compromise on the adventure in any way. Hiking, biking, swimming, cannoning, paragliding, rafting, etc are all a part of an exciting holiday in Annecy. The city has tours and adventure companies that assist and guide with the many activities carried out in the city. The festivals of the city including the lake side fest contribute to the attractions of this little town. The old town of Annecy is rich with historic monuments, churches and street fun. A few of the attractions to be listed in the city would include;
- Lake Annecy: Lake Annecy is a major highlight of the city of Annecy and the third largest lake of France. The lake is extensively used for swimming, diving and scuba diving, while selective few areas of the lake are reserved for windsurfing.
- Chateau d’Annecy: Take a glance at the historic beauty of Annecy by paying a visit to the Chateau d’Annecy castle. The castle houses a museum with relevant information about the lakes along with a modern art gallery and other exhibitions.
- Palais De ’Isle: Palais de I’Isle is a historic monument in the shape of a ship that belongs to the 12th century.
- Le Semnoz: Le Semnoz is a breathtaking mountain that features a tough climb with a magnificent view of the mountains and the three lakes.
- Pont des amours: Pont des amours commonly known as Lovers Bridge is a beautiful path built across the lake.
- Thiou: Thiou is referred to as the shortest rivers of France. The history of the river states its importance to the industries of Annecy.
- Annecy Cathedral (Cathedrale Saint-Pierre): Cathedrale Saint-Pierre was formerly a Franciscan chapel. The cathedral is a peaceful attraction with marvelous gothic architecture.
- La Tournette: La Tournette is a mountain with several hiking trails in the Bornes Massif in Haute-Savoie, France. It encompasses Lake Annecy and exhibits magnificent views of the scenic lake and surrounding from the top.
- Gorges du: Gorges du Fier is a walking path wrapped around the river carved canyon that adds to the adventure of the city of Annecy.
- La Vieille Ville: La Vieille Ville is an old town clustered with historic buildings, churches cathedrals, fortresses, canals, parks, old streets, restaurants, bars, shops, museums and more.
- River Isere: The isere river is about an hour away from the town of Annecy. The river is replete with adventure and exciting activities that can be carried out under professional guidance.
- Parc Charles Boson: Parc Charles Bosson is a spacious garden space by the lake surrounded by greenery with a natural carpet of lush green grass.
- Chateau de Montrottier: The castle is home to a wide collection of weapons, earthenware, tapestries, antique furniture and a collection of objects from the Far East.
- Conservatoire Art ET Histoire: Conservatoire Art ET Histoire is a petite museum dedicated to the history of animation. The museum allows its visitors to create their own animations to get an insight about the creativity the world is familiar with today.
- Parc Animalier de la Grande-Jeanne: Parc Animalier de la Grande-Jeanne is an animal park stretched over 10 500 m2 home to deer and sheep of Corsica.
Below we have a list of things to do in Annecy and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Annecy getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Annecy with confidence.