Ancient City Of AspendosCurrently Closed
- Address: Aspendos, Pamphlylia, Antalya, Turkey
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 15 TRY
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Entertainment, Performance, Theatre, Family And Kids
Ancient City Of Aspendos - Review
Aspendos was founded about 3000 years ago and is suspected have been a socio-economically prominentl city at the very least, considering that it’s coinage is found all over the ancient world. It’s famous for being one of the earliest cities in the world to mint coins. It was at various times under ersian rule and then Alexander’s dominion, before coming under the Romans. It began to decline after the Roman period. Today, it’s most famous for it’s theatre, which is still used for performances during the Aspendos International Opera and Ballet festival.
Ancient City Of Aspendos Information
- Other sights include a basilica, an agora, a nymphaeum, and a long Roman Aqueduct.
- To visit on a budget, take the minibus to Serik and then the No.10 bus to Aspendos. Back the same way.
- Facilities like toilets, camel rides and photography carry their won charges of about 10 TRL each.
How To reach Ancient City Of Aspendos by Public Transport
Restaurants Near Ancient City Of Aspendos
- Corners Menu
- Turgay Steak House
- Sunset Resturant & Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Antalya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Antalya and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ancient City Of Aspendos
70.71% of people who visit Antalya include Ancient City Of Aspendos in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
26.4% of people start their Ancient City Of Aspendos visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Ancient City Of Aspendos
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ancient City Of Aspendos
Ancient City Of Aspendos Trips
2 Views11 Days 10 Nights11 Day Trip to Pamukkale, Marmaris, Antalya, Nigde from IstanbulBy: Guest UserCity: Nigde, Pamukkale, Antalya, Marmaris