About Termessos, Antalya
Termessos, Antalya - Address, Phone Number
Address: Korkuteli, 07800 Antalya Province, Turkey
Timings: 08:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
Added 19.3K times in trip plans
Ancient Ruin, Family And Kids, Archaeological Site
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
One of Turkey’s best preserved ancient cities, Termessros is most famous for having withstood all attempts by Alexander the Great to capture it. The city, when it was a little under a millennium and a half into it’s history was abandoned once an earthquake cut off it’s water supply sometime around the third century. It’s primary attractions today are the Yenice Pass, the agora, a classical Hellenistic Theatre, temples, dwellings and cemetaries. Breathtaking and atmospheric, it’s probably the most loved things to do in Antalya. It’s best to come here with either having researched before hand, or having a guide book.
Some other points of interest in Antalya are:
- Carry a light lunch or lots of snacks and water.
- Don’t take the organized tours, which are over priced. A taxi from Antalya will bring you to the site acces for 60 TRL and stay for two hours.
- Check out the City Gate, Gymasium, Baths, Drainage Systems, The Corinth Temple, the Collonaded Street, the fre watchtower, and the Necropolis.
- It’s a long and steep hike to the top. Prepare to be thoroughly winded.
- Wear comfortable footwear.
- Centre may be closed due to weather.
How To reach Termessos by Public Transport
- Burdur Road
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Antalya before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Antalya and book an accommodation of your choice.
Termessos, Antalya Reviews - Write a Review
Make sure to go in a dry, sunny day, pack lunch (the theatre is the best place for lunch) and bring plenty of water.
This place is a wonder. It is preserved in its original stade after an earthquake in second century. Nobody ever conquered this city due its unique location. Even Alexander Macedonian decided to let it be and walked around. It is located on a top of the mountain. I mean THE MOUNTAIN.
Challenging hikes and many different ruins. Oh and don't forget the gorgeous view from the amphitheater.. One can only imagine what this city once was like.. Amazing what they achieved! Must visit! Maintained by a welcoming crew.
The Terressas ruins are worth a visit although one has to walk into the hills. The theater reminds a visitor of the game.
Very nice place. You can freely explore all the ruins. Be sure to check both ways leading to the ruins. Take one up and secind down.
- Nearby Attractions
- Magic Life Water World
- Patara Plajı
- Termesos Bulvarı (hamza Taş Blv.)
- Marina Hostel
- Alva Donna Exclusive And Spa
- Aspendos Bulvarı
- Düdenbaşı Mh.
- Kas Belediyesi Yat Limani
- Aspendos Surucu Kursu
- Renaissance Antalya Beach Resort & Spa
- Antalya Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Antalya
- What to See in 48 Hours in Antalya
- What to See in 72 Hours in Antalya
- How to Spend 5 Days in Antalya
- How to Spend 6 Days in Antalya
- How to Spend 7 Days in Antalya