Escape to the glamorous resort town in France. The city of Antibes was fortified by the Greeks about 2000 years ago, initially known as the Antipolis in the 5th century BC. A couple of years later Antipolis was called Antiboul as it was assimilated by the Roman Empire during their expansion. The city then became a victim of pirates and raiders. Later as Genoa grew in power, the city of Antibes was rescued of the threats. The Antibes port used extensively for trading along Mediterranean lies towards the easternmost part of France. As a matter of fact the Antibes is the second largest town on the Cote d’Azur.
Although the famous coastline on the city is sufficient to enjoy trip there, you can’t afford to miss out on the beauty of the Old town. The old town is titled as the cultural heart of the Côte d'Azur where you can explore the exciting nightlife, variety of restaurants and the scenic beauty of the city. The Antibes generously embraces the shores of the Mediterranean between Nice and Cannes. About 48 beaches surround the city of Antibes. Once you visit Antibes, you do not have to bank on the attractions solely. The beaches make for a pleasant experience sufficient to enjoy your trip in the city. The cuisines of the city include authentic French food as well as local fresh seafood delicacies.
The city possesses a maze of narrow streets suitable for walking. The closest airport to Antibes is the Nice Airport.
Essential travel information and Antibes tips for your visit
- It rains throughout the year in Antibes, so come prepared with a raincoat or an umbrella.
- Tea in Antibes is pretty expensive.
- The city is not very easy of vegetarians.
- You don’t really need to bank on the attractions of the city. The beaches are entertaining enough.
- There is parking close to the train station.
- The city features authentic French cuisine as well as local fresh seafood delicacies.
- The city possesses a maze of narrow streets suitable for walking.
Antibes Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Antibes. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Antibes trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Antibes