Red Light DistrictCurrently Open
- Address: Schipperskwartier, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Though the first mention of Red Light District, inadvertently brings Amsterdam into the mind, but another very popular RLD is in Antwerp, Belgium and everyone who visits it once totally swears by it! Prostitution is legal in Belgium too, and the government carefully regulates every brothel and sex-worker, ensuring that the business is done by consent, is disease free and all rules are followed. The most popular RLD area is called schipperskwartier, translated into ‘shipper’s quarters’, and has a number of brothels, sex-shops and of course the (in)famous ‘Windows’. If you’ve had any fantasies in life this is the place to turn them into reality, for a price, of course! Even casual and curious tourists can come to the Red Light District and check out the mesmerizing sights and glitz the area has to offer!
Red Light District Travel Tips
- Prostitution is legal and regularized by the government.
- As a rule, photography of the area is allowed, but photography of any of the workers without taking their consent is prohibited.
- It is advised to fix a price before-hand and completely understand and agree on the services included.
Entrance Ticket Details For Red Light District
- Window shopping is free, but services cost vary.
How to Reach Red Light District
- By Tram: Antwerpen Sint-Pietersvliet light rail station is just a short walk away.
- By Bus: Bus 34 and 291 stops at Antwerpen Sint-Pietersvliet bus station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
15.03% of people who visit Antwerp include Red Light District in their plan
52.22% of people start their Red Light District visit around 01 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Red Light District
82.61% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Red Light District