Rubens House1199 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Wapper 9-11, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 32-32011555
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Gallery, Family And Kids
Peter Paul Rubens, the most legendary of Antwerp painters, did most of his work in this house. Even during his heydeys he was a tourist attraction unto himself. The rich and famous would gather here and there was even a viewing gallery from where people could watch the master and his students work. Carefully restored now, the building looks much as it did in the original plans. Now, it houses a large collection of excellent artwork that includes beautiful antique furniture. The gardens in front are a delight unto themselves.
Rubens House Travel Tips
- The audio-guided tour is perfect.
- Photography is not allowed.
- Don’t cross the protective line.
- Tour groups might get a bit much.
Entrance Ticket Details For Rubens House
- Free for Visitors younger than 12.; Last Wednesday of every month ; Companions of disabled people.; School groups accompanied by a teacher.
How to Reach Rubens House
- Trams at Meir
- Lunchbox Healthy Food Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Antwerp before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Antwerp and book an accommodation of your choice.
64.88% of people who visit Antwerp include Rubens House in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
47.23% of people start their Rubens House visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Rubens House
63.2% of people prefer walking in order to reach Rubens House