Are you looking for what to do in Antwerp?
- Rubenshuis: It was the home of Peter Paul Rubens the painter and now it's a museum to his life and work. Entry fee: 6 Euro
- Plantin Moretus Museum: It's on the UNESCO world heritage list, because it may be the finest collection of printing technology in the world. It's also the former home of Christoffel Plantin a 16thcentury printer and book binder.
- Antwerp Zoo: One of the world's oldest zoos, extraordinary architecture and design containing over 4,000 animals a great day out.
- Cathedral of Our Lady: Onze Lieve Vrouwekathedraal, One of the largest Gothic cathedrals in Northern Europe which is over 400 feet tall. You can see more of Rubens's work in here too.
- Red Light District: Rather like a miniature version of Amsterdam and every bit as sleazy, but many people enjoy a tour of the red light windows.
- Palace of Justice – Justitiepaleis: There are two of them side by side in fact, a new one and an old one – the new one was designed by Richard Rogers who was responsible for the Pompidou Centre in Paris.
Below we have a list of things to do in Antwerp and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Antwerp getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Antwerp with confidence.