About Anuradhapura Ruwanweliseya, Anuradhapura
Overview of Anuradhapura Ruwanweliseya
On your visit to Anuradhapura, consider visiting Anuradhapura Ruwanweliseya. Missed by most of the visitors, Anuradhapura Ruwanweliseya is unique in its own way.
Local travel guides will amplify your fun in the city as they walk you around the major attractions. You can book Anuradhapura tours for such assistance.
More about Anuradhapura
Create a customized plan for your visit using the Anuradhapura trip planner. You can use ready templates or start from scratch for the same.
Book perfect hotels in Anuradhapura like Amara Residence, Dilresort, Vista London Palace and Heritage Hotel.
Choose from variety of exclusive Anuradhapura vacation packages for your next visit or create own own. Check out the various options for how to reach Anuradhapura and finish off your vacation package by booking the ideal transfer.
Book Anuradhapura Ruwanweliseya Tickets And Tours
Explore the gems of Anuradhapura with the best Anuradhapura tours! Check out the list of top Anuradhapura Ruwanweliseya tickets and tours today!
Private Tour: Wilpattu National Park SafariDuration: Depends on tour option selected
Book this private tour to experience one of the largest wildlife sanctuaries in Sri Lanka, the Wilpattu National Park with an area of approx. 131,693 hectares with altitude ranging between sea-level and 152 meters. The park lies on the northwest coasFrom USD 57.1 Per Person View Deal
Private Tour: Hurulu Eco Park SafariDuration: 3 hours
The Hurulu Eco Park Safari takes you on a tour through part of the Hurulu biosphere reserve. You can select either the morning or evening 3-hour safari according to your needs and tastes, though the evening safari tends to be better in terms of sightFrom USD 34.76 Per Person View Deal
Share your experience - Rate Anuradhapura Ruwanweliseya, Anuradhapura
One of the most sacred places for Buddhists
Ruwanweliseya, also known as the Swarnamali Maha Chaitya, is the most venerated and well-known stupa in Sri Lanka. Built by King Dutugemunu in 140 BC, it's a textbook example of the bubulakara (bubble-like) design of stupas. It's one of the world’s tallest monuments, standing at 103 metres with a circumference of 290 metres.
Good place for worship
One of most historical and religious place for Sri lankan Buddhist
The Ruwanwelisaya is a stupa in Sri Lanka, considered a marvel for its architectural qualities and sacred to many Buddhists all over the world. It was built by King Dutugemunu c. 140 B.C., who became lord of all Sri Lanka after a war in which the Chola King Elara, was defeated. It is also known as Mahathupa, Swarnamali Chaitya, Suvarnamali Mahaceti (in Pali) and Rathnamali Dagaba.
- Other Attractions
- Boztepe And Ordu Teleferik
- Yason Kilisesi
- Cambasi Kayak Merkezi
- Yoroz Tepesi
- Pasaoglu Mansion And Ethnography Museum
- Persembe Yaylasi
- Kurul Kalesi
- Ulugol Yaylasi
- Vonali Celal
- Ordu Cinevizyon Sinemalari
- Other Attractions Hotels
- Luxury Hotels Near Boztepe And Ordu Teleferik
- 5 Star Hotels Near Yason Kilisesi
- Cheap Hotels Near Cambasi Kayak Merkezi
- 5 Star Hotels Near Yoroz Tepesi
- Luxury Hotels Near Pasaoglu Mansion And Ethnography Museum
- 5 Star Hotels Near Persembe Yaylasi
- Budget Hotels Near Kurul Kalesi
- Luxury Hotels Near Ulugol Yaylasi
- 5 Star Hotels Near Vonali Celal
- 5 Star Hotels Near Ordu Cinevizyon Sinemalari
- City Tripplans
- Sri Lanka Itinerary 10 Days
- Trip to Kandy, Colombo, Anuradhapura
- 3 Day Trip to Sri Lanka from Colombo
- Trip to Negombo, Anuradhapura, Dambulla, Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, Ella, Galle, Colombo
- Trip to Kandy, Colombo, Anuradhapura
- Trip to Kandy, Colombo, Nuwara Eliya, Anuradhapura, Bentota
- 9 Day Trip to Sri Lanka from Colombo
- 3 Day Trip to Anuradhapura from Colombo
- 11 Day Trip to Sri Lanka from Kochi
- 20 Day Trip to Dambulla, Polonnaruwa, Kandy, Sigiriya, Anuradhapura, Colombo from Abu Dhabi