Catedral Metropolitana De Aracaju21 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Praça Olímpio Campos, 228 - Centro, Aracaju q SE, 49010-040, Brazil Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-7932163000
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Combining neo-classical and neo-Gothic elements, the church is beautiful building. It was built in 1862, then known as the Church of Nossa Senhora da Conceição; in 1910, it was made a cathedral. It is the most important Catholic building in the region. Its most talked about feature is the cathedral dome, which, while not that striking from the outside, is beautifully decorated with frescoes on the inside, with paintings of biblical figures. There has been some controversy regarding the need to restore the cathedral, as its looks and its structure are in danger of wearing down. It’s located in Aracaju’s historical centre, which means the square outside is quite historically significant too.
How to Reach Catedral Metropolitana De Aracaju
- Drive to here; ask locals for directions.
- Ask locals for public transport info.
- Take a taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aracaju before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aracaju and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Catedral Metropolitana De Aracaju Address: Praça Olímpio Campos, 228 - Centro, Aracaju q SE, 49010-040, Brazil
- Catedral Metropolitana De Aracaju Contact Number: +55-7932163000
- Catedral Metropolitana De Aracaju Timing: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Best time to visit Catedral Metropolitana De Aracaju(preferred time): 08:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit Catedral Metropolitana De Aracaju: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
58.33% of people who visit Aracaju include Catedral Metropolitana De Aracaju in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
60% of people start their Catedral Metropolitana De Aracaju visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Catedral Metropolitana De Aracaju
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Catedral Metropolitana De Aracaju
People normally club together Centro Historico Aracaju and Santo Antonio Church And Hill while planning their visit to Catedral Metropolitana De Aracaju.