Sometime, on some shores, you can walk over to an island when the tide is low; if the tide is high, you take a boat. This is not one of those places.
The Croa do Gore is a small tidal island, a sandbar, in the middle of the Vaza-Barris River. It disappears at high tide and is reborn at low tide. A boat from the nearby village of Mosqueiro, from the Sunset Rim area, will take you to its floating bar. And at its heart, that’s what this island is – an unusual bar-restaurant! The crab, the shrimp, and the fish broths are mouth-wateringly delicious. There are shaded tables and chairs. The prices are unexpectedly reasonable. Just one tip – bring nothing with you to take onto the island.
Croa Do Gore Travel Tips
- It’s best to take this tour on with the help of a local travel agent who’ll know the logistics.
Entrance Ticket Details For Croa Do Gore
- Transportation to the island and back should cost you about USD85.
Croa Do Gore Hours
- It’s simple – the island is open when the tide is low, so check for low tides.
- Recommended timings: 10.00 am To 3.00 pm.
How to Reach Croa Do Gore
- Drive to Mosqueiro, and then take a boat/catamaran to the island.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aracaju before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aracaju and book an accommodation of your choice.
63.89% of people who visit Aracaju include Croa Do Gore in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
45.45% of people start their Croa Do Gore visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Croa Do Gore
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Croa Do Gore