How to Reach Aarhus
- Copenhagen (3 hours; DKK 358; departs at least once an hour)
- Hamburg (about 5 hours; EUR 50; a few times a day)
- Rod bus goes to Copenhagen (it’s the cheapest)
- Abildskou goes to Copenhagen, Hamburg Airport and Berlin
- Eurolines go to Hamburg ( a key transit point for most European destinations)
- Aarhus Airport, Tirstrup is 45 minutes from Banegårdspladsen (in front of railway station for DKK100).
- Billund Airport is 90 minutes away by bus leaving from Radisson SAS Hotel (tt costs about 180 DKK)
- Walk and bike – that’s a good enough way to cover the whole city. You need to deposit DKK 20 for the bike which you get back when you return it. Getting the Aarhus Pass though allows you to cover all buses.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Aarhus. The most preferred mode of transport in Aarhus is Bike.
Average distance: 6.78 km Average time: 23.64 min
Bike 35.71%Bike 13 min Walking 0.8 min Overall average time for 3.74 kms 13.8 min
Car 21.43%Driving 22.33 min Overall average time for 12 kms 22.33 min
Bus/Trolleybus 28.57%Bus 25.5 min Walking 7.5 min Waiting 2 min Overall average time for 8.75 kms 35 min
Walking 14.29%Walking 22.5 min Bike 5 min Overall average time for 2.6 kms 27.5 min