Camargue Nature ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: Mas du pont de Rousty, 13200 Arles, France
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-490971040
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, National Park, Park, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Nature, Unesco Site
Camargue Nature Park - Review
Situated along the shorelines of Camargue, the Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue is one of the most protected areas covering 820 sq.kms. Designated in 1970, it is located on the Mediterranean, in the Rhone delta, mainly between the two branches of the river and stretches over Arles, Port-Saint-Louis-du-Rhône and the town of Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer. Green, beautiful and a home to over 120 species of birds, the Nature Park is a good starting point for reconnecting with nature.
The scenic beauty of Carmague Nature Park is unsurpassed and the exquisite shoreline is bound to take your breath away. The viewing stands at the park let you catch glimpses of the most beautiful birds with lovely flamingos being the most common. You will find the following at the nature park
- A ranch where friendly Gardians, pretty much like cowboys, will tell you all about the Carmague cattle and show you their prized bulls along with a manade of Carmague horses.
- A roadside museum is situated at the old barnhouse Rousty Bridge of Carmague which gives a background the flora and fauna in a very fun and interactive way. The museum stresses upon exhibiting the relationship of man with nature specific to the delta.
- A territorial observatory with an aim to monitor the ecological, economic and social evolution of the territory in time.
The Camargue National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Camargue Nature Park Ticket Prices
- The museum has an entry ticket of €5.
- Free entry for children in the museum.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Arles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Arles and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Camargue Nature Park
80.12% of people who visit Arles include Camargue Nature Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
90.55% of people start their Camargue Nature Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Camargue Nature Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Camargue Nature Park
Camargue Nature Park Map
Camargue Nature Park Trips
Camargue Nature Park, Arles Reviews
Beautiful and full of flamingos. Toilets there are only a bit meh (there's a toilet seat but it goes to a hole in the ground or something). Other than that I had a nice experience.
Open wetland area with plenty of walking and opportunity to see wetland and wading birds. Unfortunately we were there end March/early April and the migrants had not arrived. We still saw plenty of flamingos, great and little egret, grey and night heron, avocet, snipe, black ibis and black wing stilt among others. Lots of red and black kites too.
Extensive flat, low-lying area. A haven for birds although when we visited we were too early for the migrants. Peaceful, can get busy in the summer when there are a lot of people there.
I love this place because of the tranquility. There are man-made and maintained walkways and paths but it is still pretty natural. If you get a chance go on one of the guided visits to the authentic Camargue which is a part of the reserve that the public don't normally see. I'm no bird watcher but i still enjoy the peace and natural surroundings.
The only bad thing is that you can't bring your dog... leave them in a car is very risky and I did not really enjoyed... thankfully the weather was mostly cloudy and the temperature eas notnhigh... apart from that I havent seen so many fascinating flamingos so close and other birds ... very very beautiful... a lot of school group ...so I prefere the left part
All QuestionsCamargue nature park
- Centro Socio Pastorale
- A.Re.Fa. SRL
- Baie Del Salento
- Diocesi Di Ugento - S.M. Di Leuca
- Santuario Santa Marina Vergine
- Mare Vostrum, Isola Di Albarella
- Campeggio Vittoria
- La Margherita
- Gest.Vill.Turistici Rosapineta SAS Di P. Brazzalotto & C
- Malibù Di Porzionato Giuseppe & C. SNC
- Parrocchia S. Antonio
- Gest.Vill.Turistici Rosapineta SAS Cartolibreria
- Villaggio Turistico Rosapineta