Camargue Nature Park99 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Mas du pont de Rousty, 13200 Arles, France
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-490971040
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Family And Kids
Situated along the shorelines of Camargue, the Parc Naturel Régional de Camargue is one of the most protected areas covering 820 sq.kms. Designated in 1970, it is located on the Mediterranean, in the Rhone delta, mainly between the two branches of the river and stretches over Arles, Port-Saint-Louis-du-Rhône and the town of Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer. Green, beautiful and a home to over 120 species of birds, the Nature Park is a good starting point for reconnecting with nature.
The scenic beauty of Carmague Nature Park is unsurpassed and the exquisite shoreline is bound to take your breath away. The viewing stands at the park let you catch glimpses of the most beautiful birds with lovely flamingos being the most common. You will find the following at the nature park
- A ranch where friendly Gardians, pretty much like cowboys, will tell you all about the Carmague cattle and show you their prized bulls along with a manade of Carmague horses.
- A roadside museum is situated at the old barnhouse Rousty Bridge of Carmague which gives a background the flora and fauna in a very fun and interactive way. The museum stresses upon exhibiting the relationship of man with nature specific to the delta.
- A territorial observatory with an aim to monitor the ecological, economic and social evolution of the territory in time.
The Camargue National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Entrance Ticket Details For Camargue Nature Park
- The museum has an entry ticket of €5.
- Free entry for children in the museum.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Arles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Arles and book an accommodation of your choice.
16.2% of people who visit Arles include Camargue Nature Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
94.44% of people start their Camargue Nature Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Camargue Nature Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Camargue Nature Park