Chateau De MontaubanCurrently Open [Closes at 06:30 pm]
- Address: 20 Chemin de Montauban, 13990 Fontvieille, France, Arles
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-490546749
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Castle, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Chateau de Montauban is believed to be where the great French writer, Alphonse Daudet often spent his summers. The castle of Montauban, like many buildings in France, exhibits excellent architecture with historic charm. It was built in 18th century, across an area of 12 hectares.
Years have rolled by, and even though the building remains the same, a lot has changed within. It now stands remembering the days with Alphonse Daudet. It stands tranquil and peaceful. At the Chateau de Montauban you shall find
- The Alphonse Daudet museum which unveils the memoirs of the great author and consists of exhibits like the desk where he write, his first editions of books etc.
- The museum also consists of an exhibition called the ‘Stories of Fontvieille’ which holds thematic rooms showing provincial figurines, traditional dresses, depictions of bull-fighting games, paintings of Leo Lelée and much more.
- The park of the castle has been converted to a site for the celebration of various traditional festivals.
- A shop that offers major works of famous writers and Arterra figurines. You can obtain a souvenir from this shop.
For a lover of Daudet’s works, the Chateau de Montauban is a true delight.
Chateau De Montauban Travel Tips
- Hours vary according to the season.
Entrance Ticket Details For Chateau De Montauban
- For Children between 7 – 12 : €2.50
- Free entry for children below the age of 7
- La Mascotte
- Creperie de la Flambee
- L’Epi d’Or
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Arles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Arles and book an accommodation of your choice.
31.59% of people who visit Arles include Chateau De Montauban in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
50% of people start their Chateau De Montauban visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Chateau De Montauban
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chateau De Montauban
Chateau De Montauban Reviews & Ratings
A visit to the Chateau de Montauban will give you great overview of life in Fontvieille and Alphonse Daudin's ties to the town. It's interesting to learn how the Mas became a 'chateau'. The gentleman in charge was very pleasant and available to answer any questions. I love that they have an exhibit of a Spanish born, French Toreador named Manolo!
Very nice Napoleonic castle
Beautiful castel and park
An enjoyable place to visit even if there are no big excitements here. The sketches and paintings by Léo Lelée
Je suis allée au Château, hors période d'ouverture. Je n'ai donc pas pu le visiter à l'intérieur, mais j'ai aimé les extérieurs du château. Et le château en lui-même est très joli. J'y retournerai.