Les Marais Du VigueiratCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: Mas Thibert, Chemin de l etourneau, 13104 Arles, France
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-490987091
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Nature
Camargue offers undeniably beautiful landscapes and it’s a privilege to be able to observe its unique ecosystems. Les Marais du Vigueirat is a reserve inside the Camargue National Park and is spread over an area of 1200 hectares. A lovely world of its own with birds, bees and flowers, the Marais Vigueirat is a nature lover’s heaven.
At the Les Marais du Vigueirat
- There exist two remarkable ecosystems – the Rhone delta and Steppe Plain of Crau.
- The Vigueirat Marshes.
- A mosaic of natural wetlands house gorgeous flora and fauna.
- About 2000 species of plants and animals.
- The wild Camargue horses run free in the fields.
- Guided tours on foot and carriages.
- Nature lovers and bird hike over a stretch of 5kms.
The Les Marais du Vigueirat works dedicatedly towards nature conservation and protection. It is a lovely place for picnics and refreshments. A nature shop ensures that you are refreshed and rested. Facility of dog kennels too is available, as pets are not allowed during the tours.
Les Marais Du Vigueirat Travel Tips
- Site is accessible to people with reduced mobility/handicap.
- Free parking is available but precarious. Do not leave anything inside your vehicle.
- Pets not allowed at the tours.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Arles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Arles and book an accommodation of your choice.
11.81% of people who visit Arles include Les Marais Du Vigueirat in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
88.89% of people start their Les Marais Du Vigueirat visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Les Marais Du Vigueirat
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Les Marais Du Vigueirat
Les Marais Du Vigueirat Reviews & Ratings
Great spot, lots of wildlife. There is a nice walking route in the reserve
Very nice place. The Camargue, on all it's slpendor: horses, birds, bulls, sxamps. Watch out though for mosquitoes and windy conditions.
This place we found just by chance, it's a gem we loved it!
A lovely, serene environment with inspiring plans for the future
Large nature reserve but facilities in need of improvement. Everything old. Very good boardwalks and paths, but badly no signs to locate your position on the leaflet map. No link paths, so once you begin you have to complete the circuit. Early April 2018 few species of birds present and those in small numbers, disappointing because of this.