Are you looking for what to do in Arles?
PLACES TO SEE
- Musee de l’Arles et de la Provence Antique: An interesting local museum housing unique Roman artefacts that clearly showcases the history and antiquity of the city.
- Amphitheatre (les Arenes): A beautiful amphitheatre in Arles dating back to the Roman era and preserved wonderfully. You will enjoy recreating Roman gladiator scenes in this piece of history.
- Camargue Nature Park: Nature lovers will love this park. You will be able to see a wide variety of birds and animals including flamingos, horses and bulls. A Nice place for a pleasant evening out.
- Eglise St-Trophime: A gorgeous, impressive 12th century church built in gothic style. There are many relics and tapestries that history buffs will find interesting.
- Les Alyscamps: A Christian burial ground that was in use from the 4th to 12th century and ruins of a church. Walk through this ancient necropolis and witness several tombs and gravestones. Les Alyscamps is a part of the UNESCO World Heritage listing of the city.
THINGS TO DO
- Van Gogh Walk: If you love the art of Van Gogh, this is a must do when you’re in Arles. During this walk, you can witness the main sights of the city that Van Gogh has forever etched in history through his paintings. You will even see the hospital where he was treated after he cut off his ear. An interesting way to see the city! This is organised by the tourist office.
- Boating: There are boat excursions on the river just outside of the old city walls.
- UNESCO World Heritage Trail: A 90 minute walk again brought to you by the tourist office that will take you through all major Roman ruins of the city. On your visit to Arles, you have to do this walk.
Below we have a list of things to do in Arles and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Arles getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Arles with confidence.