Situated in North Carolina, United States, Asheville owns a paradisiacal charm that has remained unaffected by the pressures of commercialization. The misty Blue Ridge and Appalachian mountains provide visitors a magical natural backdrop to the town of Asheville. The town boasts of a stunning location and its proximity to the University of North Carolina's Asheville campus has led the city to co-opt that intellectual vibe. Walk down the streets of Asheville and you will able to look at a number of intellectuals, artists, writers and other creative types, creating a thriving, cultural enclave here. Visitors can explore the galleries of the burgeoning River Arts District; pay a visit to the iconic Biltmore Estate make a visit to one of the many locally sourced, organic eateries that line Asheville's streets.
If you want to see this city in its most resplendent self, then visit it during the fall and see its landscape becoming a host to the fall colour that envelopes everything here. Whether you choose to hike among fall foliage in search of stunning vistas, take a scenic drive through multi-colored forests, or celebrate the harvest with pumpkin fests, corn mazes, and cups of warm apple cider, you’ll soon come to understand why this season lures leaf peepers back to Asheville year after year.
Thanks to the region’s rich bio-diversity and wide range of elevations, Asheville has one of the longest fall foliage seasons in the country. With a number of adventures that render this landscape a coveted tourist destination, Asheville is a must visit in your itinerary of United States. And if you completely want to immerse yourself in the lap of nature, try to board on the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad that offers a romantic experience by taking you into some of the most beautiful landscapes in the Great Smoky Mountains.
Essential travel information and Asheville tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Asheville follows Eastern Time Zone, UTC/GMT -5 hours. Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes do not necessarily occur on the same date every year.
- Currency: Currency followed is US Dollars
- Electricity: Electric power is standardized in all states across the USA. It is set at 110 Volts and 60 cycles. Standard electric plugs with two flat blades are used.
- Internet: You will easily find Wi-Fi (3Gand 4G) connection in all the hotels in Asheville.
- Language: The predominant language spoken in Asheville is American English.
- Emergency numbers: + (828) 252-1110 is the emergency number for police in Ashville .Otherwise, the city is one of the safest to roam around in the world.
- Tipping is not mandatory in Asheville. It is customary in many circumstances for service, especially at almost all sit-down restaurants which offer table service.
- Be prepared to pay a lot for snacks! There are pizza places and such outside the mansion, but like most tourist attractions you’ll pay extra for convenience.
- Spring is a wonderful time to go. The flowers are all in bloom.
- Never make any racial comments while staying in Asheville.
Asheville Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Asheville. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Asheville trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Asheville
Save 5%Flame Azalea and Fern Forest Combo Horseback Trail RideNew on TripHobo
1 Hr 30 Mins
Save 6%Guided Stand-Up Paddleboard Tour in Asheville
2 Hrs 30 Mins4 Reviews
Save 5%Horseback Riding Adventure on the Flame Azalea TrailNew on TripHobo
Save 5%Asheville Ghost Walking Tour and Mystery Museum
2 Hrs27 Reviews
Save 4%HOTEL PICK-UP for Waterfalls and Blue Ridge Parkway Hiking Tour!New on TripHobo
4 Hrs 45 Mins
Save 4%Parkway Pinnacle Tour (Half-day) w/ Photography LessonsNew on TripHobo