Biltmore Estate, Asheville
Biltmore Estate, Asheville - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1 Lodge Street, Asheville, NC 28803
Ticket Price: 60 USD
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 10.7K times in trip plans
Park, Estate, Historical Site, Leisure, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Biltmore Estate, Asheville
Known as America’s largest home The Biltmore Estate spawns a gargantuan area of 178,926 sq ft. Commissioned by George Vanderbilt and built by his architect Richard hunt the estate stands as America’s one of the most prominent examples of the architecture of the Gilded Age. The chateau was built sometime between 1889 and 1895 and is still inhabited by the descendants of Vanderbilt. A large section of the estate is for tourists and other events like weddings. The building has about 252 rooms in total including 33 bedrooms for family and guests, 43 bathrooms, 65 fireplaces, three kitchens.
For Vanderbilt’s love of technology the building was equipped with latest technology at the time such as electric elevators, forced-air heating, centrally controlled clocks, fire alarms and an intercom system.
- The first floor has the Banquet hall with a table that could seat 64 guests for supper, a Music room with an Organ gallery that was installed in 1916, a library containing 10,000 volumes of books in 8 languages. The paintings on the ceilings, the baroque detailing are all simple astounding.
- The second floor has some lavish guest bedrooms one of which was Louis XV suite underwent extensive restoration and was opened after 100 years in 2011.
- The third and fourth floor has a no.of bedrooms, guest rooms and rooms for male servants. The view of the balcony from here is superb.
- The basement has a huge swimming pool, a cellar wine and additional rooms for servants. The bachelor wing has an exquisite collection of Vanderbilt’s gun collection.
Even the park landscape spawns an area of 125,000 with a beautiful collection of tropical trees. The Chateau is a must visit.
Biltmore Estate Information
- For Special passes, annual passes and gift cards refer website.
Biltmore Estate Ticket Prices
- The ticket prices vary at different times of the year. Refer website.
- Prior booking avails discounts.
Biltmore Estate Opening and Closing Hours
- September 8th 2015 to November 5th 2015: 9.00am to 5.00pm.
- November 6th 2015 to January 2nd 2016: 9.00am to 5.00pm (for daytime visitation. First Candlelight visit begins at 5:30 p.m.; House closes 30 minutes following the last scheduled Candlelight entry time. Also Candlelight Christmas Evenings is by reservation only and is not included in daytime admission.
- Different sections in the park have variable timings, please refer official website.
- The timings are subjected to change every month, refer official website for the same.
How To reach Biltmore Estate by Public Transport
- Rented car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Asheville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Asheville and book an accommodation of your choice.
Biltmore Estate Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Asheville