Craggy GardensCurrently Open
- Address: Craggy Gardens Visitor Center, 195 Hemphill Knob Road, Asheville, NC, United States Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Garden, View Point, Hiking Trail, Entertainment, Picnic Spot, Nature
The Craggy Gardens are a part of the Blue Ridge Parkway and also the most beautiful viewpoint in the Parkway. There are trails to the picnic point where you can have a fun and enriching experience of hiking. The trails are filled with exquisite flora and especially in summer a purple tunnel of rhododendron forms around the trails which adds a very magical feel to the whole place. The Gardens are also at an elevation 3,500ft above sea level and hence there can be a rapid change in the weather. A perfect weekend getaway with family and friends.
Craggy Gardens Travel Tips
- Carry food and water.
How to Reach Craggy Gardens
- Drive north on the Blue Ridge Parkway from Asheville, about 18 miles north of the Folk Art Center on the Parkway (near U.S. 70 exit) or take scenic Town Mountain Road from downtown to the Parkway and turn left (about 20 miles total). (Closed during winter).
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Asheville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Asheville and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Craggy Gardens Address: Craggy Gardens Visitor Center, 195 Hemphill Knob Road, Asheville, NC, United States
- Craggy Gardens Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Craggy Gardens(preferred time): 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Craggy Gardens: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
29.3% of people who visit Asheville include Craggy Gardens in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
36.59% of people start their Craggy Gardens visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Craggy Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Craggy Gardens
People normally club together Pisgah National Forest and Haunted Asheville Ghost Tours while planning their visit to Craggy Gardens.
People also prefer to end their day with Craggy Gardens.