Events and Festivals in Asheville
- Heritage Classic Dance Sport Championships at the Grove Park Inn: One of the nation’s premier dancesport events. Competition in five dance styles: American Smooth, International Ballroom, American Rhythm, International Latin and Theatre Arts.
- Asheville Artisan Bread Baker's Festival: This annual all-day event begins with a bread tasting and sale at the Magnolia Building on the A-B Tech campus in Asheville.
- Festival of Flowers at Biltmore Estate: A celebration that highlights the spring blooming of flowers at Biltmore Estate.
- Moog Fest: Held at various locations in Asheville. Celebration of everything musically electronic!
- Montford Music and Arts Festival: The largest one day free music and arts festival in WNC held on two streets- Montford and Soco; with over 100 vendors of art, crafts, plants and food; two stages with non stop entertainment from 20 groups.
- Drum Circle: Coming-together of local citizens on Friday nights in Pritchard Park in the spring summer or fall to dance and play music.
- Lake Eden Arts Festival (LEAF): Located at a mountain retreat, Camp Rockmont, LEAF is held twice a year in the spring and fall features music from dozens of national and regionally known musicians as well as crafts, storytelling, drumming, dancing and a healing arts tent.
- Great Smoky Mountain Trout Festival: A one-day festival of music, crafts, educational programs and fishing demonstrations. A festival all about trout and trout fishing in the mountains.
- Fourth of July Celebration: Traditional Fourth of July celebration with fireworks. Held at City County Plaza and organised by the City of Asheville Parks & Recreation Department.
- Craft Fair of the Southern Highlands: For four days each July and October, the US Cellular Center in Asheville, NC comes alive with fine traditional and contemporary crafts. Over 200 craftspeople fill the two levels of the center selling their works of clay, fiber, glass, leather, metal, mixed media, natural materials, paper, wood and jewellry.
- Boone: An Appalachian Summer Festival: Since 1984, An Appalachian Summer Festival is held throughout the month of July on and around the Appalachian State University campus, and features an astonishingly diverse mix of music, dance, theatre and visual arts.
- Folkmoot USA: North Carolina's official international festival, Folkmoot USA is a world-class folk festival with international dancers and musicians performing their countries’ traditional folk dances. Over 350 performers at numerous venues.
- Mountain Dance and Folk Festival: The oldest festival in America. For more than 70 years, a celebration of traditional mountain music and dance. Held at various venues in Asheville.
- North Carolina Mountain State Fair: Great state fair held at the Western North Carolina Agricultural Center. Rides, farm animals and great food.
- North Carolina Apple Festival: Another not-to-be-missed festival. A celebration of apples and the fall season!
- Christmas at Biltmore House: Biltmore House is especially memorable during the Christmas season. During Candlelight Christmas Evenings, Biltmore’s doors open to a world of crackling fires, festive music performances, glittering trees and the warm glow of hundreds of candles illuminating the richly decorated rooms.
Trip plans for Asheville
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Asheville
Asheville Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Asheville
Guided Stand-Up Paddleboard Tour in Asheville4 Reviews
Duration: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
Join the stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) trend when you're in Asheville. As you paddle along the mellow, Class I waters of the ...Book Now
Asheville Ghost Walking Tour and Mystery Museum25 Reviews
Duration: 2 Hrs
Experience the spookiest sites of downtown Asheville with your expert local guide. Enjoy hair-raising tales and dark history,...Book Now
Photo Tour of Blue Ridge Parkway with HikeNew on TripHobo
Duration: 6 Hrs
Hone your photography skills on this photo tour along the Blue Ridge Parkway. You'll follow your guide, local nature photogra...Book Now
Biltmore Admission with Self-Guided Audio Tour & LunchNew on TripHobo
Visit Biltmore, Americas Largest Home, built by George W. Vanderbilt in 1895 in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville, NC. Ex...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Gatlinburg
- Events & Festivals in Pigeon Forge
- Events & Festivals in Knoxville
- Events & Festivals in Helen
- Events & Festivals in Charlotte
- Events & Festivals in Chattanooga