Buckskin PassCurrently Open
- Address: Aspen, Colorado, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Hiking Trail, Family And Kids
Around 5 miles away from Maroon Lake is the Buckskin Pass. This is one of the easiest passes for hiking around Aspen. The pass spans the ridge between Minnehaha Gulch and the Snowmass Creek Drainage. The ridges close to this pass are home to plenty of mountain goats. The views of the Maroon Bells peaks from this pass are mesmerising. You will also come across streams and meadows while hiking towards the pass. Wildflowers line along the path to the mountain. The main pass offers a superb panorama view of the Snowmass peak, Hagerman Peak and Snowmass Mountain and Lake. You can even trail to the Lake from here.
Buckskin Pass Travel Tips
- The access to the trail from Aspen is same as the one to the Maroon Bells trail.
- Thunderstorms often take place in the afternoon. Try to avoid this time when hiking.
How to Reach Buckskin Pass
- You can hire a car or take a shuttle to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aspen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aspen and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.28% of people who visit Aspen include Buckskin Pass in their plan
95% of people start their Buckskin Pass visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Buckskin Pass