Capitol Creek TrailCurrently Open
- Address: Colorado 81654, USA, Aspen, United States Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Family And Kids
One of the most popular spots in Aspen for a hike is the Capitol Creek Trail. Leading to the Capitol Lake, this trail quickly captures altitude and becomes challenging. The trail is often intersected by creeks and there are no proper bridges apart from a double log crossing to take you across. You can set up an overnight camp in this trail. However, it is forbidden to camp in the meadows and within 200 feet of Capitol Lake. You can catch the mesmerising views of the Capitol Peak from this lake. On your way to the lake, you will see sage bushes scrub oak on the valley floor. You can also catch spectacular views of Mt. Daly from the various meadows on this trail. The lower and middle portions of the trail are frequently visited by grazing cows.
Capitol Creek Trail Travel Tips
- Campsites can be booked in advance.
How to Reach Capitol Creek Trail
- You can hire a car to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aspen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aspen and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Capitol Creek Trail Address: Colorado 81654, USA, Aspen, United States
- Capitol Creek Trail Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Capitol Creek Trail(preferred time): 08:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Time required to visit Capitol Creek Trail: 05:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.18% of people who visit Aspen include Capitol Creek Trail in their plan
50% of people start their Capitol Creek Trail visit around 8 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Capitol Creek Trail
95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Capitol Creek Trail
People normally club together Crystal River Jeep Tours and Crater Lake Trail while planning their visit to Capitol Creek Trail.
People also prefer to keep themselves free for an entire day while exploring Capitol Creek Trail.