Difficult Creek TrailCurrently Open
- Address: CO-82, Aspen, CO 81611, USA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Family And Kids
Do not be worried by the name, the Difficult Creek Trail is quite an easy and popular trail in Aspen. As soon as you enter the trail, you will cross the Roaring Fork River. Once you cross it, the route continues up the valley in a gradual elevation that can be easily manoeuvred. The elevation is not too high to climb. Soon after that, the trail takes you to the Collegiate Peaks Wilderness Area. From here, the ascent becomes higher till you see the stands of aspen, douglas firs and spruce trees. The steepest of ascent on this trail will take you right to the Difficult Creek. There are several spots along this creek where you can set up a picnic and spend the day comfortably. Many hikers often choose to set up overnight camps as well.
Difficult Creek Trail Travel Tips
- Post the 3-mile marker, the trail isn’t well maintained and is strewn with fallen trees. Be careful when hiking around the trees.
- There are around 47 campsites and a group area that can accommodate 20 people and 10 vehicles.
- Try to stay away from the creek during spin due to the high spinoff.
How to Reach Difficult Creek Trail
- You can hire a car to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aspen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aspen and book an accommodation of your choice.