East Maroon TrailCurrently Open
- Address: Maroon Creek Rd, Aspen, CO 81611, USA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Family And Kids
The East Maroon trail is a 10-mile long route that inches along the East Maroon Creek. There is a designated campground around 9 miles away from the East Maroon Pass which is the ultimate destination of hikers on this route. The creek is located just beneath the pass and all throughout the trail, you will see the elevated mountains and the swift creek below. A lot of the people visiting this trail ride on horseback as this route was once an old wagon route. In the peak of summer, you are likely to find raspberries in the meadows cutting this trial. Animals like elk and mountain goat are plentiful in this area. The campground is fully equipped with facilities required for spending a night in the wilderness. You can even choose a spot near the creek for fishing.
East Maroon Trail Travel Tips
- The Maroon Creek Road is closed for traffic from 9am to 5pm in summer. You will have to take a shuttle to reach the trailhead around this time.
- Carry lots of drinking water with you.
- There are picnic tables available in the campground.
- Be careful when crossing the streams in summer.
- This trek is best carried out by experienced climbers.
How to Reach East Maroon Trail
- You can hire a car or take the shuttle to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aspen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aspen and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.58% of people who visit Aspen include East Maroon Trail in their plan
95% of people start their East Maroon Trail visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see East Maroon Trail
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting East Maroon Trail
People normally also visit Crater Lake Trail while planning their trip to East Maroon Trail.