Grizzly Lake TrailCurrently Open
- Address: Aspen, Colorado, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Family And Kids
A relatively untouched and pristine spot to spend the day in Aspen is the Grizzly Lake Trail. The serene lake is protected by tall mountains on all sides and is accessed by very few people. The lake is named after the population of grizzly bears that once roamed freely in these forests. The route ascends towards the lake and is full of pine and fir forests. Wildflower meadows can also be seen on this trail. Thanks to the high altitude, this trail can be hiked upon only in late summer, just before fall sets in. The beauty of this trail in this season is unbeatable, and it is relatively cooler than the other hiking routes. Hikers have rated it as a moderately difficult track. The lake is full of fish and many hikers often stop here to catch some of them. Camping is not allowed near the lake but it can be done at the start of the trail.
Grizzly Lake Trail Travel Tips
- Carry protective gear when negotiating this trail. It often snows on these tracks even in summer.
- Leashed dogs are allowed on this trail.
- The best time to visit is in late summer when the snows have completely melted. The high altitude does not allow the snow to melt easily in spring.
- Be careful when crossing streams on the trail. They have a high runoff.
How to Reach Grizzly Lake Trail
- You can hire a car to get here
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aspen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aspen and book an accommodation of your choice.