Lost Man TrailCurrently Open
- Address: Aspen, CO 81611, USA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Trail, Family And Kids
Lost Man Trail - Review
The Lost Man Trail connects two trailheads near the Independence Pass on Highway 82. The trail begins under the aspen tree cover and gradually starts ascending. Just a few minutes onto the trail and you come to the Lost Man Reservoir. Once you cross the meadow in which the lake is situated, the trail ascends further through some steep sections and leads to the Upper Lost Man. You can glimpse the Geissler Mountain from here. Check out this point if you are on this route in the beginning of spring or towards the end of fall. Many visitors stop by at the lake for a spot of fishing. You can camp near the lake, but remember that the weather is unpredictable in this part of the forest. This trek can be easily carried out by families and large groups as well.
Lost Man Trail Information
- There are afternoon thunderstorms in the months of July and August on this trail. It is best to avoid the trail around this time.
- Be careful of trickling water in spring. It can make the forest floor slippery.
- Carry appropriate anti-weather equipment when hiking on this trail. It is often cold under the tree cover.
How To reach Lost Man Trail by Public Transport
- You can hire a car to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aspen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aspen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Lost Man Trail
5.51% of people who visit Aspen include Lost Man Trail in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
62.79% of people start their Lost Man Trail visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Lost Man Trail
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lost Man Trail