Maroon BellsCurrently Open
- Address: Maroon-Snowmass Trail, Aspen, CO 81611, USA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: 8 USD
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids, Peak
Maroon Bells - Review
Maroon Bells are the two peaks in the Elk Mountain range. These peaks are the epitome of the beauty of the Rocky Mountains. The scenic beauty surrounding these peaks is one of the most widely photographed in North America. These peaks are the most frequented tourist spot in Aspen. Spring, summer and fall seasons see nature trails and hiking near these peaks. In winter, the road to these peaks is closed due to snowfall so these trails are accessed by snow mobile or cross-country skiing. There are wildflower fields around the peaceful Maroon Lake. This lake reflects the twin peaks in its silent waters all year long. In autumn, the lake almost looks like it’s on fire thanks to the reflection of the fall colours from the nearby trees. There are camping spots available here. Almost every inch of the trails around these peaks are picture worthy. This means that you should not forget to carry your camera when paying the hills a visit.
Maroon Bells Information
- Check out the opening dates for the summer trails.
- Private vehicles are restricted entry in the summer season when buses ply on the route to Maroon Bells.
- Book your camping spot in advance as this is the most popular destination in Aspen.
- Take care not to disturb the vegetation on the trails.
- Dogs are allowed on the trails.
Maroon Bells Ticket Prices
- Children (6-16 years) : 6 USD
How To reach Maroon Bells by Public Transport
- You can hire a car to get here. Buses are available from Aspen/ Snowmass to Highlands. Another bus will drop you from Four-Mountain Sports to Maroon Bells.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aspen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aspen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Maroon Bells
95% of people who visit Aspen include Maroon Bells in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
58.38% of people start their Maroon Bells visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
5 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 5 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Maroon Bells
73.61% of people prefer walking in order to reach Maroon Bells
Maroon Bells Map
Maroon Bells Trips
Maroon Bells, Aspen Reviews
Most picturesque place we have ever been to. All our pictures came out as if they are painted. We went in summer and were able to do small trail as well with our ten year old. We took a shuttle and the driver was very friendly. She told us many facts and stories that made the ride interesting.
Beautiful views and lives up to its reputation. Can get really crowded during the tourist season, so keep that in mind. If you are not going to get there before 8am, you will have to ride the bus.
This is my second time here. Its a lovely place and perfect for photography. I think October is best time with snowbound peaks, misty weather with fall colors.
Just beautiful. If you can do the easy hike(about a mile) it's worth it.
One of the easiest access places to see the beauty of Colorado! Can’t wait to come back and hike here.
All QuestionsMaroon bells
- Corinth First Church Of God
- Greer Park
- Locust Grove Church
- North Star Hockey Rink
- Fay Mountain Pool
- Nathan Fisher House
- Maples Cottage
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
- White's Storage
- First United Methodist Church
- Evangelical Congregational Chr
- Holy Cross Cardinal
- Beth Tikvah Synagogue
- Jonah Warren House
- Saint Lukes Parish