Maroon Bells, Aspen
Maroon Bells, Aspen - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Maroon-Snowmass Trail, Aspen, CO 81611, USA
Ticket Price: 8 USD
Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 2.9K times in trip plans
View Point, Family And Kids, Peak
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Maroon Bells, Aspen
Maroon Bells are the two peaks in the Elk Mountain range. These peaks are the epitome of the beauty of the Rocky Mountains. The scenic beauty surrounding these peaks is one of the most widely photographed in North America. These peaks are the most frequented tourist spot in Aspen. Spring, summer and fall seasons see nature trails and hiking near these peaks. In winter, the road to these peaks is closed due to snowfall so these trails are accessed by snow mobile or cross-country skiing. There are wildflower fields around the peaceful Maroon Lake. This lake reflects the twin peaks in its silent waters all year long. In autumn, the lake almost looks like it’s on fire thanks to the reflection of the fall colours from the nearby trees. There are camping spots available here. Almost every inch of the trails around these peaks are picture worthy. This means that you should not forget to carry your camera when paying the hills a visit.
Maroon Bells Information
- Check out the opening dates for the summer trails.
- Private vehicles are restricted entry in the summer season when buses ply on the route to Maroon Bells.
- Book your camping spot in advance as this is the most popular destination in Aspen.
- Take care not to disturb the vegetation on the trails.
- Dogs are allowed on the trails.
Maroon Bells Ticket Prices
- Children (6-16 years) : 6 USD
How To reach Maroon Bells by Public Transport
- You can hire a car to get here. Buses are available from Aspen/ Snowmass to Highlands. Another bus will drop you from Four-Mountain Sports to Maroon Bells.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Aspen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aspen and book an accommodation of your choice.