Maroon Lake Scenic TrailCurrently Open
- Address: Colorado 81611, USA, Aspen, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: 8 USD
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Hiking Trail, Family And Kids
On your way to Maroon Peak, make it a point to go on the Maroon Lake Scenic Trail. This is one of the most popular trails near Aspen. The lake reflects the high Maroon peaks in its azure waters and is a prime spot for fly-fishing in the summer. The trees surrounding this lake display their rich auburn colours in the fall. The trek begins near the parking area for commercial vehicles and buses and weaves through a meadow near the end of the lake. The trail then loops around a beaver pond before going back to the lake. Its total length is around three miles and it can be easily navigated by people belonging to all age groups. Access to this trail is available from near the Maroon Bells as well.
Maroon Lake Scenic Trail Travel Tips
- Dogs must be kept on a leash in this trail.
- Do not litter the area.
- If you want to camp in the Maroon Lake Campground, you need to register yourself at the Trailhead and carry a copy of the registration with you. This process does not involve any charges.
Entrance Ticket Details For Maroon Lake Scenic Trail
- Children (6-11 yrs.) : 6 USD
How to Reach Maroon Lake Scenic Trail
- You can hire a car to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Aspen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Aspen and book an accommodation of your choice.
16.41% of people who visit Aspen include Maroon Lake Scenic Trail in their plan
33.33% of people start their Maroon Lake Scenic Trail visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Maroon Lake Scenic Trail
88.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Maroon Lake Scenic Trail